Obama Obama's Abuse of Power Checked

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 26, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't make up poll questions. Talk to CNN.

I find that highly offensive. I made up nothing. Everything in quotes is attributable to another source, in this case CNN. I don't make shit up. It's just not what I do.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Past results support my comment. Throwing money at the problem has not worked. We have sent millions in aid to stem the influx and yet they numbers have hit record highs since 2012.

Do you not read? Plenty of them have been released, including adults. And again, what of those who crossed but were not caught?

Because the folks in Central America don't read American papers or DACA updates. They are being lied to by coyotes. They have seen plenty of their relatives make the journey and not come back...they have no idea if they are dead in the desert, behind bars, or working somewhere.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Red sorry I've been out of town and unable to join the fray. As in anything number aren't the only measure. The president has tried to change the balance of power by the nature of the EOs he has issues. That is shown by the number of his actions that have been overturned by the SCOTUS. Note that many of the rulings by the SCOTUS have been by more than the narrow 5-4 partisan. One was 9-0 and another was 7-2.
    Also the president has continued W's policy of writing exceptions to laws he has signed. Look at the Obamacare implementation...he unilaterally made changes that were in conflict with specific measures of the law. His pledge to expand EPA power on CO2 emissions is another example.
    The radical use of the EO is much more evidence of his abuse of the power than the number.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are somewhat new here. This will happen a lot. In these debates, your sources will never be good enough. Neither will your opinions.

Anyway, happy hunting!!!

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Funny thing is that the Honduras El Salvador region have the highest murder rates in the world. The police are corrupt. The judges are corrupt. The govt. is corrupt. Who are we actually giving the money to?

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

she has been around a while, she knows the drill. but she is full of it most of the time herself.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No offense intended. But you do mix quoted and unquoted material freely and did not give a link so that the source statement could be checked. I could not find that poll on CNN.

8. red55

What do you think?

What of them? Illegals eluding the Border Patrol are nothing new. But the ones in custody and on parole will be processed and deported unless they can establish refugee status, which most can't.

Exactly. Not enticed by Obama. Lied to by coyotes seeking business.

9. red55

Vee has had your back.

Well, they are the only measure that is not subjective. It's a fact that Obama does not use EO's as much as any modern President. To say that his are worse is only an opinion.

How does this "change the balance of power" any more than the the executive orders of all of his predecessors? Subjective again.

That would be ONE.

Subjective. Plenty of Reagan, Bush, and Clinton Executive orders seem radical to someone. Executive Orders are legal and not an abuse of power.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This board is a prime example on how the center has shifted so far to the right that people who would be considered moderates 20 years ago are now considered liberals.