Obama's Approval Rating Hits 60% in New Poll

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, May 11, 2011.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Oh you mean the 50%+ of the population that pays ZERO in taxes. On no wait you are talking about those that already pay taxes.

Your line of thinking here is totally backwards. Who getting something for nothing, those that pay nothing.

And too cheap to pay taxes get real. 25-30% of YOUR money used for others. Ridiculous. You can raise taxes all you want and the Govt. will still be in the same spot and nobody else better off.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The government is too big. Obama added more debt in 20 months than all other presidents have ever. The budget must shrink. The government must downsize. All citizens and business' must pay taxes. If everyone paid a set % without all the tax giveaways to both business and taxpayers , we would have the money needed to run the government. If we cut the size of government we could pay down the debt. If you suppose to pay 25% now and have deductions change that to 18% with no deductions at all. Every person pays a low , fair tax on income. Still government borrows .40$ on every 1$ spent. A balanced budget amendment must be passed. If the state gets x amount of tax money that's all they have to spend.
    Raise the debt enough to save the country from disaster. Then cut spending. We just passed a trillion dollar entitlement healthcare bill. We can't pay for it. We must downsize. Downsize to not spend more than we take in. Reform the tax code so everyone pays in and start paying off the debt.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Because they will spend the additional income while cutting nothing.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

As to social security and medicare. With all the boomers retiring there isn't enough workers to keep the ponzi scheme going. I would agree that if you don't need the programs then you don't get it. If a person has a million in the bank the 1000$ they get from ssi is not needed. That is one way. It's going to crash. It's going to bankrupt hhis country. These entitlements can't continue. I don't know how to fix it. If I did I wouldn't be reading frickin xray film at a stinking refinary. I know ssi will not exist in 25 years when it's my turn to retire.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ugh.

Same old rambling rant without a shred of logic. I ain't wasting my time.

6. red55

Then we must raise taxes AND cut spending to attack the problem from both sides. You know --a compromise. The whole idea is to pay down the debt. That requires bringing in more money than we spend. If you cut $100 billion and add $100 billion in taxes, then you have addressed $200 billion in deficit spending and made both sides happy. It all amounts to the same thing. And the nation makes progress in stead of infighting while our enemies snicker at our foolishness.

7. red55

That is a moderates tax plan. Why do you pretend to be a right-winger?

Surplus buildings, yes. But preserve public land for the future. It makes us money every year that would be lost.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, you're evading the point. The thread is about Obama, not Gingrich.

Right, Obama's criticism of Bush. I'm talking about Obama being hypocritical.

Prove that.

Point out where I called the attack a failure. Rex said that, not me. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy, which is blatant and obvious, and which you continue to evade. Your credibility erodes with every keystroke.

"16 Candles" actually.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I do think for myself just as you do. You believe in second amendment rights but youre still a democrat. I don't care about things like gay marrage and hard core right wingers do. You voted republican before and I have voted democrat. Just as you say the republican party moved too far to the right for you, the California style polosi democratic party has moved too far left for me

10. red55

My point is about anything I want to make it about. If you don't get it, it ain't my problem.

I was responding to Rex when you jumped in to try to split hairs.