Obama's Approval Rating Hits 60% in New Poll

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Cajun Sensation, May 11, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Iraq was a first class blunder, the worst ever made by a US President. It had nothing to do with Al Qaeda.

These creeps aren't soldiers fighting a legitimate war, they are international criminals. Cowards that terrorize civilians.

It wasn't a name change, it was a policy change and a successful one. It is obvious to everybody after Vietnam, Lebanon, Somalia, and Iraq that incursion and invasion is not the solution to all of our problems. Certainly we should know not to get involved in a Guerilla war in Asia when the enemy is a small band of criminals. If Obama was trying to Bankrupt the USA, he has done a good job and cost us Trillions trying to kill his little band by taking down and trying to occupy entire countries and turn them into Jeffersonian democracies.

The Obama doctrine, that started as soon as he took office, was to start getting the big heavy units out of there and conduct a special forces war, a more covert war, a focused war. He stepped up the cruise missile attacks in Pakistan without their consent, we have also used cruise missiles and covert jet strikes in Yemen against Al Qaeda leadership. Now we have launched special ops and killed bin Laden himself.

The doctrine has changed to increase our intelligence on the ground and conduct targeted assassinations of high-value terrorist targets. It's cheap, it's covert, and it's very, very effective. We learned it from Israel. It's not a conventional war but its a better way to beat a guerilla enemy. They should not be treated like soldiers honorably fighting for their countries, which is how POW's are treated. They are criminals and should be tried and executed or sent into high security dungeons with 100-year sentences. Why should we be afraid of trying these criminals? They aren't going to get off. Guantanamo is a resort compared to federal Supermax prisons where everyone is in solitary with no direct contact with other humans.

He gets the credit he deserves, which is a lot. He acted correctly in hitting Al Qaeda in Afghnaistan after 9/11. He hit them quickly and he hit them hard. But he lost OBL at Tora Bora and then lost focus and launched the Iraq debacle. He gets credit for taking the fight to Al Qaeda. He does not get credit for ending it.

Shane, she just called me a negro.

3. red55

It would have to be someone who actually debates a point. It sure isn't SF. He's the master quipper.

4. SabanFan

Yet you ignore post #56.

5. red55

What's to debate? You made no case. Some blogger thinks the AP is biased. Yet the reputable polling company followed its normal procedure.

I'm not going to debate with an article. Do you really think that linking to a blogger and demanding that I debate it makes you a great debater? :lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. SabanFan

Dick Morris is a professional pollster, not a blogger. Rasmussen is a professional pollster who nailed the 2008 results well prior to the election and shows Obama at 48% which is what neutral observers will regard as accurate. AP is a news organization with (like most in the media) an idealogical slant to the left. They polled Dems 2 - 1 over Republicans. The poll is a sham and does not reflect Obama's popularity (or lack of same).

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Google it dude.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Say what now? You want the apple or the orange?

FTR, I wouldn't let that broad anywhere near my dick. But I suspect she'd be more interested in what my wife has anyway.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

The Southern Democrat that voted against blacks voting would be a Republican today. Neither party identifies well with their past. Actually they identify better with the other.

MLK, Jr. was a Republican along with my grandparents and every elderly black person I know. Those that are living are not anymore. Do you really believe he'd be a Republican today? (Once you finish your joke, answer it honestly).

10. SabanFan

Blacks were GOP because Lincoln was one.

Southern Democrats were Dems because Lincoln was Republican.

All of my relatives are Democrats because their Daddys were Democrat.

I have an acquaintance who is a staunch Democrat and voted for Obama but won't play at a certain golf course because there are too many blacks that play there.:dis: