Obama's Lies About Osama Raid

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, May 11, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So what else is new? This administration has been notorious for it's lack of honesty.

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Personally I don't see what the big deal is in this article, I would be shocked if our Gov't didn't withhold some details of the raid after all the most important thing is he's dead, or hopefully still alive and just being tortured somewhere.

red55 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

A politician lied? Shocker. I'm telling you guys Yall are mad at Obama for all the wrong reasons.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I'm not mad... I believe he is incompetent. More incompetent than W or Carter which I didn't believe possible. I also have strong disagreement with his political leanings. he is a big government, nanny state leftist who wants to use the federal government to impose his beliefs on everyone.
    BTW I have similar problems with tea parties who want to do the same for their issues. That is why voting for president has been a nose holding event the last 3 or so elections.

6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Dr. Ben Carson is my favorite for 16, I really like him. Like the way he was brought up to what he's become today, doesn't seem to ever get rattled either.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, the haters are coming out, as usual. Let me get this straight . . . Obama was blasted by the right wing for releasing the true details of the Osama Raid. And now he is being blasted by the right wing for daring to put out disinformation to protect the true details of the raid. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Just like they blasted him for not intervening in Libya until he did and then they blasted him for intervening. I wonder exactly who is being incompetent here? Cause it surely looks like the right wingers don't understand anything.

Four comments:

1. Hersh is already getting blasted for major problems and inaccuracies in his conspiracy theory. Stay tuned. http://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/8584473/seymour-hersh-osama-bin-laden

2. His allegations all seem to come from anonymous sources. He can't back up his claims with actual evidence. No officials in either country have said anything about this. Moreover the accounts of the two actual SEALs who have gone public with books on the raid fit neatly with the official reports on the raid.

3. That the Pakistanis knew more than they were saying has always been implicit, but a conspiracy of this magnitude is implausible. Too many people would have had to have known.

4. Even if parts of it could be true, there are extremely good political, diplomatic, intelligence, and military reasons for certain operations to be completely black and have plausible cover stories. Hell, this "expose" could itself be disinformation designed to cover the real story that nobody will ever hear. Intelligence is like that.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LOL

Where was this during the Bush years?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh no.... Please tell me you are joking. He is the dumbest smart person on the planet. He thinks homosexuality is a choice that is proven by prison rape. This guy is a damn lunatic.

Rand Paul was my guy until he came out recently going against everything that made him appealing. He flipped real quick to appease the snake handlers in the Republican Party.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Here is somebody on the record.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...h_article_on_bin_laden_killing_all_wrong.html

Former CIA deputy director Michael Morell responds to claims made in award-winning American journalist Seymour Hersh's new book, "The Killing of Osama bin Laden," that alleges the White House lied about certain key details of the 2011 mission to kill the al Qaeda leader.

MIKE MORELL, FORMER CIA DEPUTY DIRECTOR: It is all wrong. I started reading the article last night. I got a third of the way through and I stopped. Because every sentence I was reading was wrong. The source Hersh talked to has no idea what he was talking about... The person was obviously not close to what happened. The Pakistanis did not know. I talk about in [my] book how the president made a decision not to tell the Pakistanis, the Pakistanis were furious with us. The president sent me to Pakistan after the raid to try to start smoothing things over. The Pakistanis did not know, this article is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cryw9GcrSBQ