Obama's Lies About Osama Raid

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, May 11, 2015.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Not even joking, I don't agree with his position on "legalization" either which I know puts him squarely in your crosshairs by default......however when he talks about other issues he makes the most sense to me.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The key person in Hersh's story is an unnamed retired CIA source. How does anyone know whether he is legit or not? Deep Throat wasn't identified but brought down a US President. SEAL's who have gone public have violated the SEAL Ethos. Writing a book that "fits neatly" into official reports does not make their alleged account true. All it does is confirm the possibility that the CIA (Brennan) gave it's approval and perhaps narrative to these SEALs.

I don't know if there was a conspiracy or not. I don't believe either side. Lots of people who "would have known" don't seem to be alive anymore.

Well yes, like I have always maintained, purposeful misinformation is the hallmark of the CIA and Brennan is the liar in chief. Motivation. That's where I like to look. Hersh has an established reputation and plenty of money. What would be his motivation for making all this up? 3 of the people you site as legit have all written books. I know what their motivation is. This is all surface bullshit aimed at further muddying the waters. At this point, I don't really care anymore what Obama did or didn't do regarding bin laden. For me, it's about Brennan.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh well that's a given, republicans are funded by private prisons so they can't have marijuana legal. ask Marco Rubio.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

So honestly, who gives a shit?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Exactly. We know for sure that he is anonymous and will not stand behind his story.

Neither does it invalidate them. The point is that they stand behind their stories and can be independently verified, unlike anonymous sources. His Pakistan contact's credibility is extremely questionable. Hersh's account is full of holes as already pointed out in the article I linked. More will be coming out.

He's become very gullible lately and his motivation is to sell the latest book he has been writing and had much trouble finding a publisher to accept. His money means nothing at all. It is attention that motivates writers.

Hersh has been slipping in recent decades and his conspiracy theories have been debunked several times. From the article questioning the many problems with the article . . .

A decade ago, Hersh was one of the most respected investigative journalists on the planet, having broken major stories from the 1969 My Lai massacre to the 2004 Abu Ghraib scandal. But more recently, his reports have become less and less credible. He's claimed that much of the US special forces is controlled by secret members of Opus Dei, that the US military flew Iranian terrorists to Nevada for training, and that the 2014 chemical weapons attack in Syria was a "false flag" staged by the government of Turkey. Those reports have had little proof and, rather than being borne out by subsequent investigations, have been either unsubstantiated or outright debunked. A close reading of Hersh's bin Laden story suggests it is likely to suffer the same fate.
    So what? Hersh is also writing a book that contradicts the SEALS and the official reports and every other source that is actually on the record.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Having worked in the trade, either story is possible, or impossible, or both, or neither. OBL is dead. That is pretty much the bottom line. Not that, even that, means a lot!

When all is said it done, it comes down to simply either targets or friendlies.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member