Obama's Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, May 26, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont understand what this thread means. is it a criticism of obama? what did he do wrong? wild overspending, attempted ruin of the economy? some other thing that i dont understand and is infinitely less relevant?

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

yes

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

what did he do wrong? i dont understand. he is the president, not the king. he doesnt solve every problem. oil spills and memorial day services and arizona immigration crap really has nothing to do with him. it wouldnt matter whatsoever if the president spent most of his time smoking pot in the himalayas.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, someone disagrees. Shocking, I tell you, shocking!

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

what you are doing is like saying "jamarcus is a bad QB because he cant tell a fine wine from a cheap one by taste". it isnt relevant and doesnt reflect poorly on him. it has nothing to do with anything.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

No. It's like saying Jamarcus is a douchebag because he was seen sporting a diamond encrusted "Bama Boy" elephant right after graduating from LSU.

Jamarcus sucks at QB because he's not good at reading defenses, avoiding sacks and lack of work ethic.

Obama sucks at president because of pushing through crappy healthcare and failed economic bailouts.

Obama's a douche because he is skating off on vacation while the gulf cost is in peril, blowing off honoring our veterans, and making offensive jokes in a attempt to seem like the "cool guy" president.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, martin has a terrible analogy. Shocking, I tell you, shocking!

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

and this is something you care about why? does the president have any responsibility to be your friend or entertain you or make you like him?

would you bench A-rod on your baseball team because he appears to be a colossal jerkass? (again we are imagining that you are trying to win, not make new friends)

correct.

my question is what has obama failed at this weekend? what should he do with the oil spill? how many tears should he shed on tv for memorial day, and at which cemetery? what should he do with arizona? does he even have the authority to do anything with arizona?

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Probably at his primary job which is to be a cheerleader. Congress does most everything of an invasive nature, so I think the presidency has too much importance placed upon it anyway. There might not be anything he can do about the oil spill but the appearance that it is taking up his day would be nice. Again, he can do what he has to from anywhere, but just like people bitched about Bush and Crawford, people will bitch about Obama and anywhere except DC.

And regardless of if you are religious or not, we are in the midst of two wars. Showing respect at the Tomb for Memorial Day is kind of expected. Sort of like saluting the marine before you get on the helicopter. It's just respect and Obama is either continuing to show he is out of touch with the majority of his countrymen or that he just doesn't care.

2 people like this.
  10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

agree.