Obama's Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, May 26, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

no it isnt. the president is a civilian and doesnt have to return anything, and like i mentioned before, presidents before reagan didnt return the salute.

civilians dont need to care about salutes.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i asked you what obama had "failed" at. you said he is failing at his task of being a cheerleader. i am curious as to how much cheerleading you require, and what happens to you if you dont get properly cheered.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Ahh, only 30 yrs. Bravo. Here's is something for you to chew on. No president will stop this tradition.
    You should read more carefully, since I have already stated what he should do instead of the itinerary he has set. You can scroll up and read it.
    Less than most, more than others. And lack of it makes me doubt his character as an american, instead of just how bad of a president he has become.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, and Dubya himself did not go to the tomb on Memorial Day, as recently as 2002. Where was the outrage from the knee-jerk patriots?

This is just petty political drivel, typical of Glen Beck and Rush. There are 131 National Cemeteries and all are full of honored veterans. It's no disrespect to honor Memorial Day at any one of them. Other presidents, including Bush and Obama, chose another national cemetery to attend and characterizing it as disrespect is simply ridiculous.

martin is a long, long, long way from the smartest person on the board, but he knows dishonest, petty political sniping for what it is.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ok jolly roger. So you say Dubya did not go in 2002 and you wonder where the outrage was? There was no outrage because he was at Normandy commemorating Memorial Day there. He wasn't at the national cemetery that just happened to be convenient to his vacation destination.

It was a time in which America had just been thrust into war and his participation in ceremonies at Normandy paid ultimate tribute to those Greatest Americans from our past. Shedding the spotlight on their sacrifices and setting the tone for what would be expected out of the young men and women heading out to the Middle East to serve our country.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

like i said before i think it is pathetic that you require any cheerleading from your leaders.

of course!

there are actual issues that you can be critical of, i dont understand why such stupid things are bothered with.

also i am not going to bother red about it, the poor guy, but he is just kidding, he knows i am the smartest dude here (except for 157 of course).

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

this isn't even about that though, this thread was about the President not being in South Louisiana right now with his foot up BP's arse!!!!! I could care less about him being at the tomb of the unknown soldier, i have a feeling that the unknown soldier doesn't care either. There is a disaster going on right now and our government is just twiddling its thumbs, oh we want to rush to put a healthcare bill out, we want to rush to bail out banks, and bail out fannie and freddie, but hey, lets just let the well in the gulf bleed out, screw it, it's Louisiana.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUGradin99

Yes it is, partially. As illustrated in my first post.

Of course this is also a major issue I have with his vacation weekend.

9. LSUGradin99

I'm sure that red, like you, is of the mindset that his mental schlong is far superior to all others here.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You seem to have a notion that only certain national cemeteries matter.This disrespects the soldiers in an ordinary National Cemetery in Illinois. Do they never deserve a Presidential honor?