Obama's Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, May 26, 2010.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

No, ginger, you are making that up. Nowhere have I said that only certain national cemeteries matter.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, red is pretty smart.

just curious, who do you beleive is the smartest person here (besides 157)? is it you? then who?

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

brett.:grin:

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

you certainly implied that with your first post, mocking obama:

" Nah, think I'll just stay home in Chicago with my family. I think I'll just go and show my face at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Chicago."

thats why i didnt understand the thread. nothign your fake obama was doing sounded wrong or improper, it was pointless.

5. LSUGradin99

I have never given any thought to the intelligence level of the internet monikers represented here. However, I have met both Red and 157 in person and I can tell you that 157 would stand no chance against Red in a battle of wits.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

give it a try, it only takes a few seconds.

obviously.

7. LSUGradin99

It's simple. He is is only going out of convenience to his vacation locale.

8. LSUGradin99

I reserve judgment until I see what he comes up with for us in the new forum.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

so again, this particular memorial spot is not up to your standards? what are your requirements for a proper cemetery or whatever? is it the convenience to his current location that bothers you? why dont you get angry when he does it in washington near the white house? how many cemeteries must he drive past in order to satisfy you?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

As far as that . . . I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I think that this is a huge crisis for us and he should be here standing around with the senators and the department secretaries and governors and Billy Nungesser and bash BP in chorus, and all of them walk the beach with a sponge for a few weeks.

But he is the President and there is a financial crisis and a potential new Korean War brewing in addition to the other two wars, and the other responsibilities. We are going to have to be content with Obama showing up from time to time to observe and set policy. But we really don't need him to get a room and take charge. That ain't his job and there are better people.

What he did do was start sacking people at MMS and more heads will roll there when they get their due process. He's pressuring BP for sure, but it really doesn't help for him to take over, just to state clearly what is expected from them, and hold them accountable and he can do that from Washington.

As far as Obama's vacation. Hey, they plan these things far in advance and the man has a schedule, you know. There is always a crisis of some sort going on but Presidents need some time off, too. It's important. Obama surely can't be faulted for the amount of time off he has taken. He spends less time at Camp David than most and he certainly hasn't spent weeks at a time at a "Western White House" in California (Reagan), his ranch (Bush), or his Maine cottage (Bush I). Obama is entitled to a break once in a while. Get real.