Obama's Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, May 26, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then what exactly is the problem with Obama honoring that cemetery?

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

perfect answer!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

president are not like the regular folks. they are never really on vacation. it doesnt matter at all where they are. they are not turning off their phones and refusing their voicemails and whatever. they can never really be accused of going on a lazy vacation when there is stuff to do. their work follows them everywhere.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But he doesn't try to. Smart people play to their strengths. 157 waits patiently for years until I make a quantitative analytical error and then he nails me to a tree. :grin:

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It came across as an afterthought on his part for him to go there. "well, since it's in the neighborhood..."

However, I now know that he has visited this particular cemetery in the past on Memorial Day (thanks to a TF reader for the pm explaining such), pre-presidential days. So I know it's not an afterthought.

Thus, I was incorrect in assuming such and commend him on his visit this upcoming Monday. :usaflagwa

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course it wasnt an afterthought, he is the president! he doesnt just remember stuff and then go "oh yeah oops i will swing by and show my face for 10 minutes". just the security alone has been in planning forever. at no point was this not planned and perfectly acceptable, unless you are making up absurd to hate obama.

7. LSUGradin99

That is a predictable response. You do have a tendency to over-simplify things.

8. LSUGradin99

You squirm far too much on here to be nailed to a tree. :grin:

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i was agreeing with your corrected opinion. from the start i didnt see any merit in your mocking of obama, which made no sense. i questioned it directly and you avoided the question until finally you admitted you were wrong. next time pay attention.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I only require that he not be invasive in regards to my life, but I do recognize cheerleading the country as his main function. It's pathetic that you can't, but think he should go smoke week in the mountains.

As to what cemetery he goes to, that's a personal choice he is making, but the thread was about his weekend itinerary, which doesn't seem to include taking control of the oil spill either. He is getting blasted by it from both sides of the aisle. For supposedly being so politically astute, this president does not seem to be too savvy as regards to public opinion. Or he just doesn't care. But calling reporters in to the whitehouse to tell them to back off of tough questions regarding the spill indicates otherwise.