Obligatory NBA Season Thread 2012-2013

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 30, 2012.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Would you expect Harden to receive a positive reception from his former fans?

My oldest son (9 yrs old) has not shown much of an interest in sports yet and probably thinks I'm a bit too obsessed with football/basketball (which I am).

My youngest son (5 yrs old) is named James and a lefty. When the season started (1st or 2nd game), I was watching a Rockets game and pointed out that the Rockets had just traded for a lefty named James. Now he enjoys watching Rockets games with me and can instantly recognize if Harden is on the court. I like that Harden can help the team in more ways than just scoring but is also (usually) an efficient scorer. He seems to be very likeable and has exceeded expectations thus far. Linsanity has not played that well yet and hopefully it's a matter of his knee working back into shape rather than just not being that good.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He had a cult following in okc. I think they are still in love with him. Few boos if any.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I expect it to be about 50/50 mostly because people are stupid and don't understand what happened with this trade. Bottom line Harden didn't want to be traded and never thought he would be traded. He was simply playing hardball or "making a business decision" and it bit him in the ass. In the end it worked out better for him money wise, I mean 80 mil for 5 years, really! It is bad enough the 55 OKC was going to offer him would have put this team deep into the cap which they could not afford.

OKC will be just fine, Martin is filling in nicely off the bench and replacing a lot of Harden's production, He is getting more and more comfortable with the team and the draft picks will/should help a lot as well.

Ok sort of went off the rails. 50/50 because people are stupid.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Okc will be fine. Until 2nd round of the playoffs then reality sets in. Soft. And Perkins still sucks

5. shane0911

It will be interesting to see how good thabeet can get. He is getting better with increased minutes and he is a far cry better with the ball in his hands that that lummox that wears 5. This may be OKC's last year with Perkins. Once Maynor and Martin get settled into the offensive scheme I think they will be fine. Durant and Westbrook both have increased their assist which is good for now, when it matters I'm a lot more comfortable with KD taking the shots that count.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

THabeet, dont look for much from him as the season wears on.

7. shane0911

Exactly, OKC picked him up last year basically for free just to fill a roster spot. Kid was highly regarded coming out of college but just never got it started. He seems to be contributing nicely so far, seeing more minutes at least. Guess we have to see how he develops

8. LSUMASTERMIND

btw way he got it to Ford, i will see if he has anything else to say.

9. shane0911

Awesome, please let me know. Hayden will love it I'm sure

10. LSUMASTERMIND

yea that was a great story he told.