OC Doug Nussmeier Hired by Michigan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 8, 2014.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Another con, the less than 55 on scholly was because of recruiting violations that took place during his first coaching stint there.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@TerryP my only question would be what on earth would lead you to believe it would?

I will submit 2 low hanging grapes.

1. Kiffen has shit down his leg everywhere he has been

2. I could not find 2 more different people if i tried. 1 hates the media and the other can't get enough of it.

good luck with that.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

As a head coach, yes, he's been abysmal. As a coordinator?

I don't have the same impression as you when it comes to Kiffin and the media. I've never had the impression he enjoys dealing with them.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

True, he was the OC when that happened. That all fell on Todd McNair, did it not?

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Another "Coach in Waiting" scenario I suppose. You want to talk about meltdown, imagine Saban deciding to hang up the whistle after continuing his success two more seasons, he passes the torch to Kiffin who has been his OC. Gumps are breathing a sigh of relief that Kiffin is in line to continue what Lil Napoleon started. Lane Kiffin goes winless in the SEC his first season as head coach. LOL!!!!!!!

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. shane0911

Fair enough, guess all we can do now is see how it ends.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it...IF it comes to fruition. I don't see the need to dwell on it...but, it does make good conversation for the off-season.

8. shane0911

That IF is the thing for me. Regardless of how I feel about saban (for the record he is just another coach to me, had he left LSU for the gumps that may be different) that said, from the outside looking in I just can't see how these two co-exist. You certainly are entitled to your own opinion which is why I said IF it happens, we will just sit back and see how it ends.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Back in 2009, at one of the lunches Saban had he mentioned (this was the week prior to the UT game) he thought Kiffin was one of the best X and O's guys out there. That threw me for a bit of a loop, but with his experience on defense I filed it away.

Purely an assumption...but if there was one coach that could keep him in line, it's probably Saban.

One thing about the assistant coaches at Bama...they aren't allowed to speak to the media. So, as many times and as much of a proclivity Kiffin has to put his foot in his mouth...I'd say that's one concern a Tide fan doesn't have to worry about.

Personally, I suspect the job goes to someone else. But, if there's one thing I've learned...not a soul out there knows what Saban is going to do when he brings in a new assistant. It's futile to even guess.

10. shane0911

This is true, and an angle that I had not really looked at. After taking a look I feel it is even more of certainty that IF it comes to be that it just won't work. Sure lil nappy will keep him in line, but for how long? Kiffen has shown he is going to do whatever the hell he wants, consequences be damned. I say at some point sooner than later the levee breaks and you have a full blown gully washer.

I can agree with this. I will be amazed and overjoyed if he gets the job.