OC Doug Nussmeier Hired by Michigan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 8, 2014.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If Saban won't let Kiffin talk to the press than Kiffin's wife will. So the media will win!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Saban would execute and cannibalize a toddler at the 50 yard line during pregame warmups and smear the blood all over his face if he thought it would give him a competitive advantage.

Why he hired Kiffin I have no idea.

Herb likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Flashback to New Orleans, Jan. 9th, 2012? :D

Here's one thing I look at...

Look at what Jonathan Crompton accomplished in his first three years at TN. Going into his Sr. season he'd thrown as many TD's and INT's. His numbers were spectacular his senior season but he did have twice as many TD's as INT's. UT's offense was at the bottom of FBS play in 2008, in the middle in 2009. He did a pretty good job developing Crompton.

Going into 2014 there will be four, possibly five quarterbacks competing for the starting position in Tuscaloosa. It's imperative to have a QB coach that can develop these guys. Saban believes Kiffin has that ability.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You keep looking at that ONE thing, LOL. I'll look at years of coaching at USC, Oakland, and Tennessee and his on-field success, or lack thereof beyond OC for USC in 2004 when CPC was filtering him. I'll also listen to some of the things he's said over the years, and look at his recruiting tactics. Dude is a smuck, a douche. Sure, he may do okay at calling plays and teaching some QB skills, but his personality and character assessments will do more harm than any good he may bring. No way to spin this one. This will be a regretful hire, and will set y'all back at some point, mark my words.

Your blind enthusiasm is admirable but is clouding your objectivity, TP. Saban's helping his agent. He's got designs on retiring in about 3 years, probably, and is going to put up w/this douche until then, and leave your program in his hands at that point. That's the most likely motivation to this hire…..grooming.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I understand where you are coming from and I've thought about what you've mentioned on more than one occasion.

You mention Tennessee and yet he's the only coach who has a winning record there since 2007. That 2009 Vol team gave Bama a better game than LSU, a better game than Florida who was ranked #1 in the nation when Bama played them in ATL.

Personally, I don't believe Oakland has any place in an assessment of Kiffin. Under Al Davis, I don't know if you can get an accurate picture of most of the coaching staff's at Oakland.

USC? It's a head scratcher.

Is he cut out to be a head coach? No more so than Major Applewhite was cut out to be an offensive coordinator in 2007.

However, what's being missed here is we aren't talking about Kiffin doing anything other than coordinating the offense.

You're speculation on how he'll do may be correct. The reasons you're citing to support that speculation aren't. When I heard Saban comment about Kiffin before the 2009 season he was saying the same thing then as he is now—an appreciation for his X and O's knowledge. It struck me oddly then. As mentioned earlier the numbers do make a case.

I'm certainly not enthused. In fact, I can't say how I feel. It's simply a "we'll see" position.

cajdav1 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No that wasn't baby blood, that was deer antler spray and cash.

Plus Alabama's MVP in that game wore purple.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    TwistedTiger likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Strong just got Bamas DL coach to come to UT. Looks like Bamas staff is being pillaged.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can't believe that Kirby Smart won't be gone soon too, he has to be getting some great offers.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In the same sense TX pillaged the Bama staff with Applewhite and Bo Davis.

FWIW, the same DL coach Strong reached out to at first but found there was no interest has been talking with Saban about taking over the DL position. If this works out a lot won't like that hire as well.

GregLSU likes this.