OC Wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Another issue is that this team is poised to win it all NOW. Many SEC teams are re-building, while have been doing so for the past 2 seasons. It seems awfully risky to let a guy learn on the job in such an important and opportune season.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

This is how I feel. Relative to the rest of the SEC, we have a good shot next year even though our schedule is brutal. We need an immediate impact. However, I will get behind whoever CLM chooses as he normally does a good job with this.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The same type of offense isn't the problem. The problem is the correct plays called during certain situations. GC was incabable of putting together a consistent string of plays to keep the offense rolling. Of course part of that was due to JJ's inconsistency, WR's dropping balls, and the OL not giving good enough protection.

With an OC that can map out a good game plan and players (The QB in particular) that execute the offensive scheme we run is just fine, IMHO it can be outright dangerous. You act like the spread offense is not an effective offense, when in fact it is really effective when run properly.

What I see in you, is now that GC is gone you are trying to find another reason to dog on the team without even having a clue as to what Miles has for the answer. I'll give you a clue look to the Bama, OM, and the ATM games; those games are examples of what happens with our offense when the plays are called correctly and the players execute.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

he's done about as much as anyone else that has been mentioned. had a pretty solid offense under Petrino at Louisville, but, we all know who's offense that was. I still think we are looking for a qb coach, not an OC. Looks like Kragthorpe's experience is mostly as a quarterback's coach. Boston College, Buffalo Bills, aTm....

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I believe the spread offense can/does work when it is run properly. To do that, I think you have to fully commit to running the spread. I don't think we did that, nor do I think we ever will. I like using multiple formations, but the way we did it lead to an identity crisis for our offense.

The most important thing is having an offensive gameplan that utilizes the strengths of your players and minimizes their weaknesses. I would much rather have an OC that was flexible in this way, even if it is not the type of offense I would prefer. This was Gary Crowton's biggest problem, along with coaching QBs.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Billy g's job was passing game co. Our passing game was our offensive problem. We ran the ball very well and stunk passing the ball. It seems that our passing game co didn't help the offense at all. I am no coach and am by no means an expert but this seems pretty simple. If your passing game was bad then your passing game co did a bad job. Why would you promote someone that couldn't succeed coaching a part of the offense to the job of offensive co ?

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The passing game for LSU was not just simply bad or "stunk".

It was the butt of jokes nationwide.

It was a total travesty and embarrassment and the likes I have never seen in my lifetime (save the time Danny Weurfel was the QB for the Saints for a brief moment).

Normally whoever would be responsible for this would be fired and quickly.

To think that person is being considered (and God I hope these reports are way off base) for a PROMOTION to arguably the 2nd most important post on this LSU team is terrifying.

Do you realize that had he done a halfway decent job, we might be national champions right now?