OC Wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I hear ya. I'll support whoever he hires but experience is definitely my preference. Now that it's coming out that Fuente may not even be a candidate, don't know that I have a clear cut favorite. Like you, I think Logan would have been a great pick. :LSU231:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A common thread amongst those he appears to be interviewing is that they have all produced good QB's during their careers. It is looking more and more like he is looking for a QB coach, and not really an OC.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

That's what I am thinking.
    With the raw talent we have, we need someone to develop them to their potential and Miles can call the plays.

For those that think he :)milesmic:) doesn't have anything to do with playcalling, why does he the credit for going 5 for 5 on 4th? Who do you think makes the decision to go for those 4th downs and the trick plays? It sure wasn't crouton.:rolleye33:

I think Miles is VERY involved in the playcalling, he just doesn't admit to it because he does not throw his coaches under the bus. The running scheme we ran in the Cotton had Miles name all over it.:milesmic:

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Im hearing that the word around the program...that it will be Kragthorpe. Wouldnt be surprised to hear an announcement before the weekend.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ott reported it this morning. Maybe he is right this time around.

FYI Ott said as OC, not QB coach for those wondering.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm sure that title is just being thrown out there. We all know who the real OC will be. Krag will be the playcaller.

7. bhelmLSU

I don't know why many think that is the case. Miles took over at times when the previous week was horrible but I am talking only a handful of games and LSU performed quite well in those games. Miles will always call a play here and there when warranted especially when crowton wanted to pass on a play Miles thought should be a run. He also had to put his hand in more and more on the game plan but calling most of the plays was never the case based on what I have heard from some of the coaches.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Absolutely. It's called networking. I've gotten at least one job because someone who interviewed me recommended me to someone else. I got an interview for another, although I did not get that job. Both jobs I would not have received interviews for under normal circumstances because I didn't have the required experience/degree.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not really what I was getting at. It's Miles offense. No one is going to come in and change anything. I still believe that Miles has a plan, will have a plan, and Krag or whomever, will get to call plays based on an offensive gameplan that Miles has come up with.

10. bhelmLSU

I think Miles will hire based on what type of offense he wants but he rather not have to step in and be too hands on with the game plan like he has had to do to keep us a balanced running team.

Pro style offense with a little spread mixed in here and there unlike with Crowton where it was hard for him to get away from the spread. We are definitely recruiting for more of a pro style type offense.