OC Wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Well, last week was pretty premature since he just interviewed yesterday...

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

yeah his HC job sucked, but he doesn't put up w/ crap and dismissed alot of bad seeds from UofL which cost him some victories. I think it would be a good hire and would love to see what he could do with our talent.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I have really only had two jobs since I left LSU, in one of them I got to drop lots of bombs and shoot a 30MM gun, sometimes 1000 rounds, the anti-tank missles were always fun but then again I will always love rockets too. At my other job, I get real tired of working 12 or 13 days per month!!:):) That is all.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Maybe you should be the Defensive Coordinator !!!...(with Chief as your adviser, of course).

Just think what you could do to Alabama, Ole Miss, and Florida !! :thumb:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

What is being reported by the media and what is going on behind closed doors aren't always the same thing.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Or he's looking for a guy to do both, just like Crown had both responsibilities.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hearing that Krag was hired last nigh. Looking for confirmation still.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Appreciate your service. Thanks.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

So after all's said and done, how did we do?

In the end, I think this hire is all about finding an experienced OC, who is a QB developer, that commands some respect with Miles and Chavis. In the end, while a super bright, up and comer might have been interesting, I think Miles likes that experienced guy who he can work with. The more I thought about it too, if the goal was to keep the Offensive coaches largely in tact, it became too important from a "stability of organization" standpoint not to bring in someone who could still get the respect of Billy G, Stud, Steve, etc. There are a bunch of guys there that need to call this guy "boss" and so frankly, the odds were against a new, young whippersnapper.

That said, I really wonder how LSU fans will feel about Krag' after a few years. I predict a fairly vanilla offense still based upon balance between run and pass, and an inherent need to execute well. Question will still be, will our offensive play makers run the offense better. I trust Miles, obviously, but not jumping up and down over this guy. Screams safe pick, based upon who he is and what his experience is, but not by his results.

10. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

For what it's worth, from the horses mouths....

Miles: "Steve brings to our staff the type of experience necessary to develop quarterbacks," Miles said. "He's an experienced play-caller who will bring a great deal of enthusiasm and energy to the staff..."

Krag': "I have had great respect for Coach Miles since my days at Tulsa when I was preparing to play his Oklahoma State team. Since then, I've watched his career and I've been extremely impressed with what he's done at LSU. ..."

Krag also has ties to Ron Cooper at Louisville. ... One big happy family. :)

Tons of luck to CSK. I do hope his performance looks more like those Tulsa days and less so his recent days. The thing that I can be thankful about is, hopefully, this buys a few years of less ranting about coaches, and perhaps the players will stand on their own. :shock: