OC Wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

you sayin CLM has Jerry Jones syndrome???

joking, i dont think CLM works that way and not sure he can afford to work that way

2. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I say we DON'T promote a safe hire from within. Especially someone without proven SEC-caliber experience. Remember the last time Miles tried that???

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Of course I do, but Miles isn't a defensive coach. Miles is an offensive coach, and I would be willing to bet that he feels that the same mistakes will not be made because he will have full control of the offense if he promotes Billy G.

He could be telling himself, the Malveeto experiment didn't work because I am not a defensive coach. Maybe it will work with offense because I am the trump card, and the last word.

The thing that sucks is that if it is Billy G, we lost that fire on the sideline, because I bet you he will be in the booth.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Cam Cameron

When the Ravens are finished the playoffs he is coming to BR to groom BG until he is ready. The time from now to then gives Crouton a chance to find another job and Les does not have to be the bad guy for firing him.

Now since I put it on the internet, Book it....it will happen!:rofl:

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing a pro OC with the talent we have. Who better to coach and teach a Pro style than a Pro.:huh:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Gonzales, by all appearances, left Florida for LSU in what was an obvious "lateral" move.

The only thing I can think of to push him our way was a promise of an OC position opening and that he would be seriously considered with Crowton's departure, which was planned to be at the end of the 2010 season all along.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

we have a winner!!!

8. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

My informants told me that Mike Leach will be the next OC at LSU. Just another rumor at this point.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The word is that Gonzales was pissed at Meyer for not naming him OC when Mullens left. Perhaps he was lied to. I doubt that Les made any promises to him about OC. As "passing game coordinator", he didn't impress anyone much. Our passing game sucked.

I do not expect Gonzales to get the job.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

correct BG left out of spite. left UM a note if i recall. not even a phone call.

no way les made any promises to anyone until today. he wasnt even sure he was staying as of yesterday.

now that he is, he told gc to check the classifieds since his name came up with Alleva.