OC Wish list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have heard rumblings about him also, and Sarkisian's OC as well.

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

How about Rich Rod?

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I don't want Rich Rod, but I'd take his OC, (New Orleans native) Calvin Magee.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

What many miss about TCU is the fact that Jerrod Anderson the "other" OC and my own son's WR coach, was a part of the offense and the "plan" long before Fuente got there. The two work very well together but I am not really sure which guy does more. Andy Dalton got to start for 4 years,
    I think ANY QB that got that chance and NEVER got hurt should be expected to play the way he did. It also helped that TCU quit running as many option plays with QB's that really couldn't run that fast (ie Shepard vs Jefferson) when they did that, the QB's quit getting hurt as much. Before Dalton, there was a rotation of several guys that always seemed to get nicked running the ball and one in particular, Tye Gunn was twice the athlete that Dalton is IMO, but 3 major injuries ended his career way too early. Mike Schultz was the very stubborn (Crowton) type OC then and he was going run what he wanted despite anything else. He left, went to Ill. lasted one year, got fired, and just ended up at Texas State w Franchione again. That gave Anderson and Fuente their chance (Fuente was RB coach).:geaux:

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Woops....looks like Magee was scooped up by Pitt.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Just my personal opinion here....but I would love to have Norm Chow.....Norm is one of the best offensive co's I can ever remember, I know he was not very succesfull at ucla....but come on...they have absaloutley NO talent...especially on the offensive side of the ball. Put lsu's talent in his hands and he could be very very scary!!!!

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Don't know if he's been mentioned yet because I am just jumping in here, but I'd love to see Ralph Friedgen. He was a great OC at Georgia Tech in the late 90s, and did it with different styles of QB. Turned Joe Hamilton into a Heisman runner-up and then the following year got maximum results out of the slow footed Gary Godsey.

Great offensive mind, and can succeed with any type of QB. He has never had the athletes at his disposal that he would have here, yet always got results.

1 person likes this.
  8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Jury is out since it just happened bu IMO the deal these days is to FIND the next successful young coach. Texas has now gone ALL In with a DC that never played college football in Manny Diaz and turned their offense over to a couple PS3 type guys in Harsin and Applewhite. I always wonder why many want coaches that might have proven themselves with ungodly talent but when things get tough..........the question of their coaching talent deserves to come up. The day is here that the coach has to be able to relate to the players.............older guys sometimes have a harder time doing that. Not saying Chow isn't a good coach...........but he has had alot of jobs doing the samething.:geaux:

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Did Mike Leach get a job yet???:geaux: