October Ball: MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Dirt Dog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Which team did Leyland manage yesterday? The one that went up by 6 runs or the one that blew the lead?

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You don't get it....even before the Royals series Mr. Leyland had stated that he didn't put much stock in the home field advantage. That was sheer lunacy. His team played as such over the weekend, and that is his fault entirely. You don't wake up Sunday morning and say "oh crap, we need to win this game". The attitude of the entire last week of the season was way too lax and it put the Tiger players in the wrong frame of mind and they took the Royals for granted. And now they must pay the price.

Mr. Leyland brought this upon his own team. You must be able to see that.

I was just happy the Twins won yesterday. It would have been ashame to award the Tigers the division title.

3. SabanFan

Leyland was just trying to take some of the pressure off of his team. You are reading way too much into it IMO.

Which team had the most come from behind (4 or more runs) wins this season?

The Kansas City Royals (10).

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

son of a dang, now i am hearing from new york media that el duque has a funky calf and might not start game 1 for the mets. jeebus, mofos are getting hurt at the wrong time.

5. SabanFan

Yep. He hurt it while running today. He's going to have an MRI but it doesn't look good for New York's minor league team.

6. SabanFan

Twinkies couldn't stop the Big Hurt. A's got the advantage now.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I hate Frank Thomas.....he looks awful in an A's jersey

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I disagree. :thumb:

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i got this from a mets board i read sometimes:

Mets record in 2006 in games started by Pedro Martinez (11-12) and Orlando Hernandez (11-9): 22-21 (.512)

Mets record in 2006 in games started by Steve Trachsel (20-10), Tom Glavine (24-8) and John Maine (10-5): 54-23 (.701)

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The Cards looked pretty sharp yesterday. I feel pretty good after that game. The offense was hitting the ball. The defense made some big plays to help out the cause. Carp pitched well. The thing I'm happiest with was the sharp pitcthing of the bullpen especially Wainright. As I said before, the Cards starters are pitching better lately. I like the way Weaver has thrown the ball as well as Suppan. When that line up is healthy they are good. I'm happy the Cardinals atleast have the split on the road so they can go back to Busch no worse that 1-1 with Suppan pitching at home where he is 7-2 w/ a 3.18 ERA. Lets go Cards!!!

[​IMG]

"THAT'S A WINNER!"