October Ball: MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Dirt Dog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Is Ron Gardenhire the Jim Mora of baseball?

I am beginning to believe that's true. And if they lose, the rumblings will begin again asking for his head.

2. islstl

Yankees should be able to win the WS and fairly easily.

They should be able to get the 6 or 7 decent innings out of their 4 starters. Won't be anything spectacular, but it will get the job done. I think their only question mark is Proctor and Farnsworth setting up Rivera. Last night they were shaky but managed to escape danger.

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

The Yankees have been my team my whole life (my dad grew up a fan, wore it off on me), and Jeter is the best player on the team. He is, every day, solidifying his MVP status. Therefore, my boy. Just like JR.

4. islstl

I have no idea what happened to the high the Twins were coming off of in winning the division on the very last day of the season (the only day of the season in which they were in first place). Really unacceptable play. A's took advantage of it, as all good teams tend to do. Santana will be forced to come back on 3 days rest in game 4 now. Bonzer the same thing in game 5. I don't see how they'll win game 3 with either Radke or Silva (Radke, I assume will start) against Haren.

5. islstl

Mets game 1 pivotal. If Maine can pitch decently and win, then that gives the Mets confidence they can survive without their stud starters. If Maine gets bombed, then the pressure is on their offense to produce big time, which may make them press at the plate.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That big lead came from being in a division that sucks huge donkey dicks.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That's pretty sick for them to do that at games.

8. islstl

Mets had a chance to put the game out of reach....Randolf elects to let his relief pitcher hit with the bases loaded....let's see, he's probably batted exactly zero times this season....what a decision....I don't care if he was a position player coming up thru the ranks....Chavez was waiting to deliver a clutch hit

9. islstl

How slow is Jeff Kent?....that play with the 2 runners getting thrown out back to back was too weird....dude hits a double but Kent can't score from 2nd...that's just poor base running....then the decision to waive in Drew was just totally dumb

10. islstl

If I'm Willy Randolf, I go with a 3 man rotation throughout the playoffs. Oliver Perez can't pitch to save his life right now...no confidence whatsoever. Limit your starters to about 80-90 pitches and come in with the bullpen. Oliver Perez should not have been added to replace Hernandez.