October Ball: MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Dirt Dog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Willy with the weird decision blows up in his face...Mota gives up 3 runs in the 7th with better/more reliable relief pitchers sitting on the bench.....not sure what all this is about

2. islstl

Yankees/Mets World Series will be highest scoring average the game has ever seen

Should be fun to watch

3. islstl

Anybody have a clue as to why Bellhorn came up as a pinch hitter with the bases loaded yesterday in the most critical part of the game vs. the Cardinals? I mean is Bochy that much of a stooge (see Cla Meredith pitching to Pujols giving up critical 3 run homer to lose game last week)?

Bellhorn shouldn't even have made the roster for the playoffs, much less hit in that critical of a spot.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's a wonder any of those managers made it to the post season. Has any manager/coach ever made a correct call in your world?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i didnt like seeing mota bat there either. heilman used to start, he can go two. but thats ok, a win is a win.

i told you cats that maine would be ok.

i wouldnt have a huge problem with perez getting a start.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not after a loss. ever.

i thought maine could win but the chance of you winning the world series is almost zero once el duque went down after pedro. oliver perez, if he somehow faces the yanks, could possibly walk 10 batters in 4 innings if randolph let him. ive never seen someone go from one of the top 10 best pitchers in baseball 3 yrs ago to one of the worst. he has zero control and that spells doom against a disciplined hitting team.

whens the last time 2 players were thrown out at home on the same play? jeez. just saw those lowlights.

7. islstl

Oh yeah, you're the guy who would put in .190 hitting Bellhorn in a bases loaded situation. Dude couldn't even get the bat on the ball. Probably because he strikes out a lot and has a history of doing so.

If you can't see that as a poor move by a manager under the pressure of the playoffs, then there is no such thing as a bad move as far as you're concerned. But then again, you're the same person who doesn't mind winning ugly and just disregards underlying problems that come to bite a team in the ass later on down the line.

8. islstl

tirk, I assume you agree with me about the 3 man rotation for Willy and the boys? you got a deep bullpen, make good use of them all

9. islstl

Feliciano was mysteriously missing from what turned out to be a close game. I wonder if Willy is gonna start him for about 3-4 innings in game 4?

what u think martin?

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

he will not necessarily make the roster for the next series. who knows, they might call brian bannister or the lefty dave williams, he was effective for the mets. or istizzle might be right, they could go with three. if perez does get a start i think he suprise a couple niggaz.

that was a beautiful, beautiful play.