Odds on Bass leaving after this year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Mar 8, 2005.

?

What's the odds Bass leaves after this year for the NBA?

1. 0%

6.4%
  2. 10% or so-- slight chance.

2.1%
  3. 50-50 --coin toss

36.2%
  4. 99.9% --barring an outright miracle, gone.

38.3%
  5. 100% --no ifs ands or bertha butts

17.0%
  1. BB

BB Founding Member

I say he's out like a fat girl in dodgeball. If he and I were close I would tell him to go - get paid and move on.

If he stays I would be extremely shocked.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Don't you mean out like Muhammed Ali in Jenga? :eek:

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Imagine asking your father....

"Dad, I've got the chance to take a new job...It's doing the same thing I'm doing in college now for free."

"Well, son...That'd be a good thing. Get in on the ground floor. Make some real money...But, are you sure you want to ignore your education? The opportunity to get it won't be there forever, you know. But, that entry level job will probably still be around next year for you."

"Dad, that entry level job will pay me a six figure guaranteed contract that will eventually pay me over seven figures over the next 3-4 years. I'll still go back and be able to....SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TTTTTTTTTTT Dad...What the hell did you smack me upside my head for?"

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You go for the dream job when you get an opportunity. He could blow out a knee next year in college and never earn an NBA dime.

College will always be there for Bass. Shaq came back and finished his degree and he isn't even retired yet.

I voted 99.9%. He could decide to stay two years, become an All-American, and get his jersey hung from the PMAC rafters some day.

Naaaaaa.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

That's frickin hilarious!!!:hihi:

6. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

there's always a chance of getting hurt, but what if bass came back, what if the tigers got a buttload of media attention entering next year ranked in the top 15 which would expose bass, what if bass was to stay and improve his game this summer as much as he did last summer, what if he were too add a 3 point shot to his arsenal and some dribble drive moves over the summer, instead of low 1st round money, he ll be thinking about big time top 5 pick money. o yea and a chance to win a NCAA championship and be one of the best tiger hoopsters ever, that would sell me back

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I voted 99.9% chance he is gone. But what ever he does, my attitude will be "good for him!" He is a great kid in so many ways, and he deserves a :thumb: for being such a great representative of LSU!

8. staysaban.com

staysaban.com Founding Member

na na na na na hey hey hey good bye.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I love seeing the support for Bass in whatever he decides to do. I also like comparing that to the vitriol that continues to spew about Saban doing virtually the same thing. Good stuff!