Odds on LSU's Next HC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 26, 2016.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Unlike

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm going to start with being neutral at this point but let's look at it this way.

At the start it was Herman or bust right? So now that his team has lost a couple games that they maybe shouldn't have does that take him out of the running? I say no

So if before it was Herman and everyone else then who does that leave now that Herman is included in everyone else?

There is a coach that currently has his team undefeated, knows offense, ironically had his team shut down a very high scoring offense not long ago so he cares about D. He was also legitimately sabotaged and this is the 1st year he has had 85 on a scholarship. Current top 10 team.

Still wouldn't be my choice but if it is no longer Herman and everyone else then I think he is in the picture because I think he can be had.

Can you guess and do you agree?

@TerryP might be the only one who knows right away who I'm talking about

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Surely your not talking about the Western Michigan coach. I'm glad the love fest for Herman is on the wane. What has he or the WMU coach done to make the jump from mid major to big time big boy football at LSU. At least Urban Meyer had undefeated seasons at 2 mid major schools nefore he got the Florida job.

If you're talking about the coach at Boise State the same principle applies. If Oeaux doesn't win out (a near impossible task) and force tje powers to be to give him the job and assuming that Chris Petersen wouldn't leave the west coast Jimbo Fisher would be the best and safest hire.

4. shane0911

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. shane0911

No not Dabo. Before taint goes on one of his wild ass tangents I am not advocating for this guy, just saying his name could end up in the hat.

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Mike Riley? Nebraska hasn't had a real test this year. I see Riley as a rich man's Dan Mullen. I think he's a solid coach but i dont think he'll bring any championships.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Please, NO DANA HOLGORSEN

@shane0911 Is that who you're referring to? Shane, say it ain't so!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

You can only be talking about the Warshington coach, Peterson. Yes, throw him in the bucket.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Most articles that I've come across about the LSU coaching job leaves Petersen out, which I don't understand. If things continue the way they are I hope Oeaux keeps the job. If not I still like Herman but read that he may have a deal already with Texas once the season is over. If things implode and Oeaux doesn't win it, with Herman possibly out of the picture Petersen would be my next choice.