Odell Beckham Catch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Nov 23, 2014.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

You're right Dad. It was just that night he was using them. It's amazing to me that Eli has those weapons now and looks so terrible at times. If he would use them like the other night he would have a lot better outings.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]

red55 and TigerTap like this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Franco's catch was big because of the situation but not because of the degree of difficulty. I've seen hundreds of better catches.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Beckham gets personalized gloves from Nike
    Nov 30, 1:13 PM
    Odell Beckham Jr. is the talk of the NFL after his amazing catch that he made last Sunday against Dallas.

Nike has even gotten in on the act and Beckham now has some special personalized gloves that he will be able to flash on Sunday’s.

[​IMG]

red55 likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fuck me that dude is a freak.

$TigerFan$ and LSUDad like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

kickers do that when playing around. i expect beckham to kick it with the opposite leg.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

A friend of mine watches these players goofing off in the rec and he tells some amazing stories of what some of these kids do. He says we have 300 pound lineman that dunk basketballs and make shots from all over the court. They are more athletic than what we think. A lot of these kids played multiple sports growing up and have developed some wicked skills because of it. They have speed, moves, jumping ability, etc. unlike most. They are more than just football players.

I went to Nicholls State when I first started college and was in an advanced English class with an offensive lineman. What impressed me about this guy was that he was so agile for such a big man. The other impressive thing was his IQ was off the charts, dude had some serious brain work going on.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I suppose in a game that would be a legal drop kick. I hope he gets to try it in a real game sometimes. Remember Doug Flutie drop kicking an extra point for the Patriots one time?

mctiger and LSUDad like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odell Beckham has the brightest future of rookie WRs
    • [​IMG]

• By Chris Wesseling

Editor's note: A few days before Odell Beckham made the greatest catch of the year, Around The NFL's Chris Wesseling said he was perhaps this year's top rookie wide receiver.

This year's historically great rookie wide receiver class is so star-studded that debates have already erupted among football fans over which talented young playmaker has the most potential.

Kelvin Benjamin jumped out to an early lead before the Panthers' offense went in the tank. Sammy Watkins was the "It" receiver after back-to-back 100-yard performances at midseason. Mike Evans has emerged as the Offensive Rookie of the Year favorite with a three-game stretch of dominance unmatched by any rookie since Randy Moss in 1998.

As NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock points out, however, it's Odell Beckham of the New York Giants who might just be the cream of the crop after averaging 119 yards on seven receptions since replacing Victor Cruz as the starter opposite Reuben Randle.

Breaking down Beckham's 108-yard performance against Richard Sherman and Seattle's "Legion of Boom" secondary, Mayock said, via NFL NOW, that the No. 12 overall pick "did everything right that you'd want to see in a receiver."

Mayock highlighted Beckham's versatility to line up in the slot or outside despite missing the majority of August and September with a lingering hamstring injury.

Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman emphasized last offseason that Beckham was the only legitimate "run the entire route tree" wide receiver in the draft class.

Echoing that sentiment, Mayock noted Beckham's separation and advanced route running.

"You can see the respect that Richard Sherman has for his speed," Mayock glowed. "Tremendous job. What an outstanding future this young wide receiver has."

In formal poll of six Around The NFL writers, four chose Beckham as the rookie with the brightest NFL future.

"I've never seen a player quite like him," Gregg Rosenthal explained. "He just jumps off the screen. His hands, strength and ability to go deep. All the rookies are great and it's splitting hairs, but he seems like the most versatile and could have the highest ceiling."

Marc Sessler cited Beckham's "fearlessness and strength" in the matchup with Sherman, the best the NFL has to offer at cornerback. "He seems to have caught up so quickly and is now just playing with real power," Sessler added. "His speed took over versus Seattle."

Bemoaning the fact that his Lions bypassed a unique talent, Kevin Patra noted that Beckham matches up better against any defense and adjusts to passes in every way.

Beckham has drawn interesting comparisons as a less physical early-career version of Steve Smith or a bigger, faster Antonio Brown.

When I watch Beckham play, I can't get the image of a 1980s era Michael Jordan out of my head. Let me be clear: I'm not saying Beckham shares the NBA legend's size, hyper-competitive drive or penchant for willing his team to victory. But the vice-grip hands, easy leaping ability, graceful athleticism, mid-air dexterity and improvisational creativity are reminiscent -- as you can see in the video above.

Watkins, Evans and Benjamin have already demonstrated No. 1 receiver talent, beating top-end NFL cornerbacks. When I watch Game Rewind, though, it's Beckham's world-class athleticism that jumps off the screen.