O'Donnell seriously?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Really? Seriously?

O'Donnell questions separation of church and state - Yahoo! News

:dis:

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Bill of Rights Transcript

technically she is right.

3. LaSalleAve

that's not what she meant though krypto.

the words "the separation of church and state" do not appear, but she goes on to continue to question what is in the first amendment.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I am with ya. I was just pointing out the technical argument. Honestly I just have not been paying attention to politics lately. Its been nice. I have made up my mind on who i am voting for because of voting records and their impact on my wallet.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

She is 100% correct. The separation of church and state is founf nowhere in the Constitution. It isn't even alluded to. The first amendment bars the establishment of a state religion.

The separation of church and state was first mentioned by Thomas Jefferson to a group of Dansbury Baptists who feared the establishment of a state religion. He used the term to point out that their religion was protected from government interference, and not that religion had no place in the government of a secular nation.

6. LaSalleAve

uh no she isn't. does it say "separation of church and state" no it doesn't, but.......

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

.......she goes on to ask if that (bold above) was even a part of the first amendment. this is because she thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.

she doesn't have a clue what is in the constitution and what isn't.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

No. Watcht the clips. After Coons says that congress shall not establish a religion, she says "Thats in the first amendment." It is clear she is not asking but stating the fact that the words the dude just spoke are what the first amendment says and not the nonsense about separation of church and state.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

O'Donnell will vote against Obama's policies, therefore she is eminently qualified.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Doesn't matter who's in office. This country is in bad shape...

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is correct. she clearly is an idiot. but that isnt that important. she really just needs to oppose obama.