O'Donnell seriously?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've already backed up my position with Jefferson, Madison, and Adams quotes. If you think you can back up yours, then do so. Good luck with that.

2. red55

Exactly. It is just a term. But the concept is defined clearly in the Constitution. And "legal speak" is law when the Supreme Court prounces it so.

If you imagine that the word "separation" must appear in a clear description of a separation to make it valid, then you are being obtuse, amigo.

By The Supreme Court! You know, the folks who make binding Constitutional interpretations. They made it crystal clear that the separation of church and state IS constitutional.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Our forefathers did not want government (the State) interfering or otherwise involved in religious matters. In reality, the "State" is inserting itself into religious matters; the exact opposite of the forefathers' intent.

It's a simple concept. I'm surprised you can't grasp it.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Really? I went to Catholic schools all my life, so I really have never heard of this. Creation as described in the Book of Genesis (I know, you didn't say it, I added that part) is taught in public school social studies classes? Given the resistance to any religious material being introduced in the schools, I find this hard to believe.

Not being argumentative; I really don't know and am curious.

5. red55

Yes, religious studies are found in social studies curriculums.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, it is obtuse to insist that because something is not phrased exactly as you are quoting that it doesnt have the same meaning.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

we went over this years ago with the spaghetti monster. if you are going to "teach both sides", then why leave out the islamic side or the scientology side or the spaghetti monster side? must be fair to all myths, right?

again, creationism is, like red said, for a religion or social studies class only.

evolution is fact and belongs in science classes, not accompanied by creationism. just listen to red and end it.

did she really? until now i figured this whole story was a bunch of nothing. but if she really said that then it is important that she loses. well, i actually dont know, she really needs to oppose obama. my goodness we are some friggin idiots with the choices we give ourselves. oh what a terrible state we are in.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNBpqI2xtB4]YouTube - Christine O'Donnell on Evolution - 1998 Bill Maher[/ame]

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If only we all shared your views. Oh what a sane place the world would be.:hihi:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

wow, she is wretched. in related news, i would hit it.