Oeaux Creaux Buffet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Appalachian State. At least AS had been the D2 national champs the year before. Troy isn't even a good mid-major.

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I find it odd that you say you are done with Canada. As we have found out, he wasn't able to fully run his offense. Eaux interfered. I think we did a nice mix of run and pass in this last game. Etling did better too. Remember - he has limitations which may be what limits Canada

LSU_4_LIFE and kcal like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dont disagree however O is stuck with Les's recruits good and bad, stuck with many defections mainly on the OL, youth and now many injuries. Would be wrong to think that we can go 8-4 or 9-3 this year. All these problems do affect your teams success it would even at Bama. If we should go 8-4 or 9-3 that would be amazing. All I want is for steady progress and us to fight hard with passion and improve. Next year we will have had time to heal, recruit and use the 20 freshman we played this year to be a better team.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would like to see a more balanced air to ground attack but with Etling's limitations we will have to wain until next year.

5. didit

didit Veteran Member

actually, he retired after the last game that year...

Rouxleaux likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

which is why i said year one is his free pass.
    unless he completely tanks it.

i don’t see how it would be wrong.
    we have 2 losses at this point (should have been only 1).

and only one remaining team on our schedule is better than the team we just beat.
    so chalk that on up and it’s 9-3.
    no reason we can’t at worst split Arky and A&M.
    that puts us at 8-4 without asking for a miracle.

LSU_4_LIFE, shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Kind of agree with you however this is the SEC and we could certaintly lose to OM. Tennessee is better than they look and due for a big game and A&M is getting better. Ark has normally always played us tough. We are already playing with a lot of injuries and we get a few more key injuries and we are in trouble.

didit likes this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think the playing with heart and emotion had to do with more than just O. They lost to Troy. That created a lot of emotion in itself. They read and listened to analyst (some former LSU players) question their toughness. They had former players come back on their NFL bye week and give motivational speeches. They had the 07 championship team on the sidelines.....plenty of sources to add heart and motivation.

I'm not sold on O after 2 wins or 7 games. Not even close. As for Canada and his offense, the only thing we know, is Coach O was called into a meeting by his boss and was told to keep his paws out of the offense and the offense improves, yet Coach O gets the credit for that? Lmao!

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sure does. If he would have been blamed if we had lost he sure as hell gets credit when we win.

It's ok to not trust the guy. I don't. But he gets the big win here however he got there. Was a big win especially if they can build on their recent success. Oeaux made a lot of decisions that worked out perfectly. The late punt going for field position. The FG instead of going for it (which I wouldn't have kicked with 6 inches to go) . The clock management. All of it.

This wasn't one of those we lucked into. Everyone on that sideline earned it. Give credit when due.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I give Coach O credit for the win, no doubt. Did so in the beginning of this thread. Was very impressed and he exceeded my expectations.

I'm talking strictly about the offense improving. I mean, I guess he gets credit for it improving because he stopped meddling in it. Something Miles couldn't do.

ParadiseiNC, lsu-i-like and Rouxleaux like this.