Oeaux Creaux Buffet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 14, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yep

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That may be the biggest achievement yet. It took him 5 games. Les couldn't do it in 12 years.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I'm thrilled with the adjustments I've seen the last 2 weeks on both sides of the ball. I still have reservations, especially after it was reported that Alleva got involved. I wish (and still hope) it's more organic than it appears. That Coach O would have made the adjustments and let his coordinators do their job without the involvement of our AD.

kcal likes this.
  4. tirk

Seems we got a yes man to alleva of all people. The biggest bitch going. That's pretty scary if true. And doesn't bode well for future success. Let's just hope Oeaux does as he wishes without these assholes micromanaging. Or he's set up to fail which he doesn't need any help doing.

Joe lacrosse simply knows his big salary is tied to Oeauxs success or lack of. But he has no place in the daily operations of our football team.

ParadiseiNC, GregLSU and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Yep. Or......to try and pump a little sunshine, Coach O learns along the way and makes the most out of it. It's tough to argue he didn't learn and improve going from Ole Miss to interim coach at USC and LSU. He has shown he can learn and improve. I just don't think his ceiling is high enough to fulfill the expectations at LSU. But the dude has proved me wrong the past 2 weeks and very well could continue to.

Personally I feel like Coach O knew he only had one shot at this and he hovered over his coordinators not wanting to leave his fate in their hands. Maybe it took Joe to step in and tell him to not worry, back off and let them do their jobs and they would be held accountable.

I agree, Alleva went out and got what appears to be the opposite of Les Miles in regards to the Head Football Coach / AD relationship, a yes man. It's more and more clear that CLM was probably not only telling Alleva to piss off, that he may have even held on to Cam Cameron and stayed so damn stubborn to spite Joe Alleva. Doubtful, but possible. After all, Les was the mad hatter. Either way, looks like Joe got what he wanted all along.

lsudolemite likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Not to mention taking a team last year that looked like half-eaten dog food under Miles and turning it into a nice home style hamburger steak with gravy. Trying to find out if he can cook steak now. He dropped a couple on the floor and over cooked a few, but that AU steak covered in etouffee actually tasted pretty good. Gonna see how he does with a filet in a couple weeks. All things considered OM shouldn’t be too hard to serve, especially for sous chef Canada.

7. tirk

Letdown game for us and Ole Miss homecoming so to speak since it's lsu.

This won't be easy I don't think.

ParadiseiNC and lsudolemite like this.
  8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Orgeron's emptied the bag of short term motivational tricks. We'll see what he's made of as a coach down the stretch and in his recruiting class. This is something he fully owns, there won't be any excuses there to fall back on, and it's his supposed specialty. If we fall out of the top 10, then we have big problems going forward if we want to rejoin the ranks of elite programs.

The scariest thing about the Auburn game is that Orgeron showed better game management skills than Les had in the last 10 years.

ParadiseiNC and Winston1 like this.
  9. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

10. lsu-i-like

Thinking on it more, OM has a bunch of good receivers and a good WR, so DBU will be tested (didn’t fair so well versus Syracuse’s WR badass). Also going into a hostile environment should still be a little challenging for a team still trying to find its footing. Curious if Aranda is ready to start turning in shutdown performances again now that we’re a bit deeper. I expect both sides of the ball to keep improving, which would be a good sign for O.