Oeaux's Wife Nearly Died

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have an aunt who still lives in Beaumont. She is 90 or 91. Her husband and my uncle by marriage was an Italian guy who lived there all his life. He didn't work in a plant but he died of colon cancer when he was 70. My mother was 68 when she passed away from colon cancer. She had lived in Baton Rouge since she was 25 and was very big on nutrition and vitamins, drank organic vegetable juice she made herself every day. My dad worked at Exxon here for 41 years. He lived to 80 but he never got cancer. He smoked 10 to 15 cigars every day.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was looking at the ages of our founding fathers pre 4th and was thinking how young most were when they died.

Ben Franklin 84
    John Adams 91 died same day as Thomas Jefferson 83 July 4th 1826
    James Madison 83
    George Washington 67

These dudes lived dangerously and made it much further than I recalled.

shane0911 and uscvball like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Impressive.

Brian likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes but the average life span in those days was probably under 50. People died from a lot of things that now can be cured with antibiotics. I didn't google how old William Henry Harrison was when he died of pneumonia a month into his presidency but a shot of penicillin would have kept him alive.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

TJ was hitting that sweet black _________ that alone will keep you alive for a few extra years. I think John Adams may have been sucking the soul out of people to stay alive.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Saw a documentary about how Cuba has a successful treatment/cure for lung cancer. Due mostly to the majority population smoking cigars. So there you have a health care system dedicated towards the health of its people versus our system dedicated towards the health of big pharma and the asshole's who profit from their health/ wealth. We are fucked for cures, but we sure have more symptoms than you can shake a stick at and a pill for each and every one.