Of all the F'd up things I have to deal with....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by HalloweenRun, Jul 28, 2014.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The impossibility of reaching a local post office by phone is about at the top of the list.

Don't want to offend any hardworking USPS employees here, but it is un-fucking believable, that even if you can find a phone number to a local post office, it directs you back to master USPS customer service, that is continuously experiencing higher than normal call volumes...... You know the drill.

I finally got through to a person this morning and was told to call the local post office (where my daughter lives) to try to find the status of a couple of boxes mailed to her. I told the person I found it impossible to ever contact local PO. so she gave me a "guaranteed" number.

After three rings, "This number has been disconnected."

I hate this shit!

LSUTiga, Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

An they want to handle our healthcare.

Most times I find its better face to face.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, don't be a telephone tough guy. Get off your duff and drive down there and kick someone's trash can over. They will listen.

HalloweenRun and LSUDad like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After reading your post I realized that I have almost no dealings with the USPS. I pay all my bills online. I haven't mailed a check in years. I never even write checks. I still have the starter checks for my bank account I opened about 5 years ago. Almost all of the mail I get is junk mail. Almost never anything important. Recently I disputed a charge on my debit card. The bank gave me a provisional chargeback refund but later reversed it in the merchant's favor. The reason: Because I didn't respond to a letter the bank said they sent me requesting more information. I never got the letter. For all I know my mailman is Newman. My mailbox is on a post with two other mailboxes. One for my next door neighbor and one for the people across the street. They are always putting the mail in the wrong box. I regularly have to put mail for my neighbors in their box that was put in mine and I have to check their boxes to make sure none of my mail ended up in theirs. The other day there was a letter that looked like a bill. It was addressed to somebody who lives 7 or 8 miles away. The address numbers are not similar and the street names bear no resemblance. If I have to send somebody anything important I use FedEx or UPS.

Telephone tough guys are old school and out of date. Now the real men are internet tough guys.
    ;)

shane0911, HalloweenRun and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Hellllllooooooooooooooo Newman.

fanatic, HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  6. HalloweenRun

Unfortunately, the drive was about 10 hours, I was trying to contact a post office in NYC.

7. HalloweenRun

Actually, I did not mail the shit, ex-boyfriend did.

This vignette was only the top water molecule of a gigantic ice berg. Let's just say I went berserk in the opening stage of this nightmare when I heard the stuff had been shipped USPS and not FEDEX or UPS.

8. HalloweenRun

Of course, I pretty much stay berserk on a day to day basis.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They have meds for that. Only trouble is once big pharma has their hooks in you they don't easily let go. That is precisely why I take almost no meds at all. I may be a slave to the beer market or a good bourbon now and then but none of those pills.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

People still use the Post Office? My 14 year old has never been inside of one.