Of all the F'd up things I have to deal with....

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by HalloweenRun, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

MLU how could you betray big government and the unions like that? :D

Bengal B, plotalot and LSUDad like this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Know what you mean. I have kicked the shit out of diabetes, cutting my A1C by more than 50%. Of course I cant raise my arms, or bend my knees, or move my hips, and I shit within about 10 minutes of eating. Anything. But I am so thrilled I have prolonged my life to do this!

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Yeah, I was stunned when I learned these damn boxes were shipped from -- to a post office. Stunned as in cussing and screaming and cussin some more.

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Damn. I use the USPS all the time. I ship/receive a lot of stuff on ebay. Never once had a problem.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I probably mail and or receive 5,000 packages a year. The vast majority are sent first class. I have problems on 5 or so packages a year, usually international to South American countries.

KyleK likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As if to illustrate my point, just yesterday I found a piece of mail addressed to the people across the street in my mailbox.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I do not deal with them. I pay bills online. I ship through private companies. The only thing that comes to my mailbox are advertisements. If not for the union lobby, the USPS would have long been shut down. There is absolutely no reason that the services provided by the USPS cannot be contracted out to UPS, FedEx, etc.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Post Office is the best deal out there. They come to my house every day and pick up stuff and deliver stuff and they are cheaper than UPS or Fed-ex by far. Rarely have I ever had a package misplaced.

KyleK likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe there are good mail carriers and bad ones. I know lots of other people who have had misplaced or misdelivered mail too

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Very true. Let's not forget that YouTube is littered with videos of FedEx/Ups drivers just tossing packages over fences and stuff. Not to mention what it goes through prior to getting in the hands of the delivery driver.

My company will only ship already broken stuff via FedEx because they say if it isn't already broken it will be by the time they are done with it.