Off season 2019

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 11, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The only time I can remember them rushing a player's return and screwing him up was with Delvin Breaux, and that entire med staff go sacked.
    Peyton says the only thing we can be certain of right now is that Rankins won't be active for the opening game, but I think this means we could see him back for week 6. Wouldn't want to lay odds on how effective he'll be, though. Okafor came back from the same injury last year, but he didn't appear to be himself until the 2nd half of the season.

2. mctiger

Saints cut Grayson and Dural today, so LSU rep is back down to just Will Clapp. Other notable cuts include Simmie Cobb, Jacquiz Rogers and A.J. Derby.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the very little that I watched I saw Simmie Cobb drop a perfect pass from Taysom Hill that would have been a big gainer. He was probably cut in the post game locker room.

4. mctiger

Saints waived both Emanuel Butler and Lil'Jordan Humphrey. Can't believe at least one of them didn't make it. Marcus Sherels placed on IR, so Deonte' Harris sticks. TE's Dan Arnold and draft choice Alize Mack also let go, as was veteran safety Chris Banjo.

5. mctiger

Saints trade 2nd year LB Vince Biegel to Miami straight up for veteran LB Kiko Alonso. Kiko can step in and play right away if Anzalone is not ready to go. It looks like a great trade for us, but I have to wonder why Miami was willing to give up a solid veteran for an unproven youngster at the same position.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know, right. Practice squad at the very least. So, we basically have the same receiving corp as last year?

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Given the other moves they've made in the last few days, it seems like they're dumping salaries for cap space and choosing youth over experience. Glad I'm not a Dolphins fan because, if it's even successful, it looks like it will be a few years before their plan pays off.

mctiger likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So they could pay less for the same position. Miami isn't going anywhere this season and they can use the cap space.

mctiger likes this.
  9. mctiger

Both signed to practice squad.

fanatic likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He gone.

watson1880 likes this.