Offensive gameplan last night

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It wasn't perfect, but it was MUCH improved. I see people criticizing JJ playing so much, but it was effective for the most part. The key to me was what I didn't see, the OPTION! No typical, predictable option plays last night (at least I did not see any). That alone is reason to celebrate. The other key was pass plays were completed to WRs who had a little space and could accelerate after the catch.

Congratulations to our Tigers, and especially CLM and JLee - those guys deserve some accolades after all of the past criticism. The Tigers outplayed UF for the most part and deserved to win! :geaux: I figured Red would give us a full post-game synopsis, but wanted to at least comment on the Off. gameplan.

2. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

Hallelujah, no options!!!!!!

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Agreed, and JJ and Lee both made some gutsy heads up plays. JJ's quick thinking, I know thats an oxy moron, on the busted play at the goal line, and decides to tuck and run up the gut for the TD, smart very smart.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Another thing we didn't see much of, but should have, was Shep! He was virtually non-existent, 1 or 2 touches that I can remember. That continues to be disappointing and needs to change!

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Two runs zero net yards three catches 11 yards. He gets touches but is not put in positions to suceed. Look at the WR sweep Fla ran with two lead blockers. Also we have so many quality skill players that 5-6 touches except for Ridley is about what we can expect unless someone is hot.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

The defense seems to always know where he is going. I feel bad for him. He is a hell of a decoy though (see JJs TD run last week)

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The only thing I saw that could change was the fact we eased up on offense after the UF run back touchdown. I'd would have liked to have seen us keep pushing the ball.

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I liked the gameplan and you are right it was better.

One thing as an observation i would make to improve is to make sure we get everyone involved in the gameplan.

I know they were focusing on tolliver but i think it is important to get all your receivers a couple of passes early in the game to get them in the flow.

Rueben Randle didnt get much in the way of touches and i think he is important to touch the ball just as tollover ridley and peterson TE.

Make them be concerned with all of our weapons. And make a concerted effort early in the game to get everyone a touch.

If we can cut out the bad penalties and eliminate the costly turnovers we are going to be a tough team to beat.

And our defense was really affected by the humidity and showed being tired late in the game.

We were dominant in the first half on the line of scrimmage. Second half not so much and it allowed them to run # 8 on the fakes.

Penatration would have disrupted those plays but we werent getting much later in the game.

Might want to do more rotating earlier in the game to keep the guys fresher. Just a thought.

And we need a better hydration plan starting 48 hours before the game.

Body cells start storing electrolytes 48 hours ahead and if you wait too late then you are going to show cramping when you exert that much activity in a humid environment.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

My only issues with playcalling were "conservative" mode with under 2 minutes left in the game and a touchdown needed, and running the zone read with Lee. The zone read requires a threat of a keep.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Did it look to everyone else that we were sending Lee into the game with 2 plays for each down. Then we just let him read the Deg and allow him to change if needed. I liked that.