Offensive Line Questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I haven't seen much about the O-Line this off-season, and It's a real concern for me. This offense is going to start and end with those guys, and if they're not any better than last year, we're in for another stressful season. Has anybody heard anything (good or bad) about them?

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I agree. I think the tackles are good. Will Blackwell is an improvement over Hitt. Hopefully, Josh D. got bigger and stronger. Lonergan should be an improvement over Hebert. Also, Wiliford is developing a pretty good reputation. We'll have to see how it all comes together.

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

They can only get better than last year. I hear we have better talent starting and more depth, too. Studrawa has not impressed me however.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This is an email i got this morning from a friend of mine.... I don't know where he got it from, so i hope i am not breaking any rules, so just in case i will give you a broken down version.

The whole right side will be different, with Lonergan at Center and Blackwell and Hurst at the right guard and right tackle positions.

reports are that the key to the offensive line this season is going to be the improved play at center specifically.

Lonergan looks like he is a huge upgrade.

He has been one of the clear leaders so far and has gotten in great condition and is strong...

more importantly just may be the work being done by former Tiger Center Ben Wilkerson with the offensive line.

sources say that Big Ben hasn't held anything back from the players and he has been getting great response from them.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I keep in touch with a starting O-lineman. According to him, they are working hard in the offseason in strength and conditioning. They are young, but they will be hungry.

Let's not forget Joe Barksdale. Pre-season 2nd team All SEC. I think he'll shine this year.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd love nothing more than to lay a VaTech style ass whooping on the tarheels right out of the gate. Sort of make all the media go :eek:

1 person likes this.
  7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

This is the same thing I'm getting from one of the players I keep in contact with.. The O-line, while young, is a strong and anxious group and should be much more effective than last year... particularly with regard to the running game.

Translated to Miles-speak, that's:

"We certainly appreciate the quality of the players on the O-line. The body of work these young men have put in during the off season, along with the strides in physicality they have made dictate that they have a definite want to continue to improve, and to achieve a favorable outcome on the field." :miles:

3 people like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that was perfect, but you have to throw alot of "uh"'s in there and long pauses, so that statement would take about 5 minutes. :lol:

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"We certainly appreciate the quality of the players on the O-line. The body of work these young men have put in during the off season, along with the strides in physicality they have made dictate that they have a definite want to continue to improve, and to achieve a favorable outcome on the field." :miles:

:lol: !!!

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

:rofl:
    You missed your true calling as a U.N. interpreter.