Offensive line

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by tirk, Oct 4, 2015.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@tirk HOW YOU LIKE C.J. NOW???????????

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

always liked him. just needs to get the sand out his vag and suit up more than once a year.

glad to beat the cowgirls. hocker with the choke job. browner made some big stops.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. mctiger

That's a little unfair on CJ. He only missed 3 games total in his first 4 seasons. Missed 7 last year, first bad injury of his career, but he sure looks healthy now. Browner did make a couple of nice plays late, but he's got a lot of negatives to make up for over the first 4 games, really looking like a poor investment to me. No excuse for Hocker missing that kick, but a walk-off touchdown, especially a benchmark TD like the 400th of Drew's career, is much more fun than a walk off FG anyway. The thing I think we were forgetting last night is, if there is one team more snakebit than the Saints right now, its the Cowboys.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Like what? I thought he's been pretty solid. That said, I must confess that I haven't watched every minute of every game. I get so frustrated watching sometimes, that I start flipping channels, so I may have missed something. It will be nice to see the D at full strength with Ellerbe and Byrd, who both played last night, and Lewis.

Another positve note for the defense were the 3 sacks they recorded; all 3 by rookie draft picks. Kikaha, Anthony, and my boy Tyeler Davison all had 1 a piece.

5. mctiger

Browner has repeatedly blown coverages, and he is the single highest penalized defensive player in the NFL. He gave the Cowgirls 2 first downs with holding penalties last night, one when we had stopped them on a third down.

Three sacks is a nice number, but we need to get more pressure. Haven't seen the pressure and knock down numbers, but there couldn't have been many. We are letting QB's sit way too comfortably in the pocket.

6. fanatic

If he's first, then Delvin Breaux has got to be 2nd.
    Couldn't agree more. I just thought it was cool that, of the sacks we did get, all 3 were by the rookies. Unfortunately, only 1 of the 3 was by a d-lineman.

tirk likes this.
  7. mctiger

Possibly, but Breaux's a rookie coming out of the CFL, where the rules about what a corner can do are somewhat different. Browner has no excuse.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he may not have missed the starts of games but find out how many he finished. that dudes a walking injury. hocker cost me my league. I had the cowpokes +4 and a hook.

9. fanatic

I actually think some of the calls against Breaux were bullshit, but then again, I am a homer.