Offensive line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 6, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

miller was a center but was tried some at guard. he will get some time at all the positions during the begining of fall practice.

2. clair

clair Rockets

that is good...

All good lines have that one "utility" guy, who can fill-in and play everything

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

My guess is he's trying to get more size inside, and athleticsm on the ends. Hopefully Johnson and Johnson can develop into players like Max Jean-Gilles was at Georgia.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I think he moved his strength to the middle of the line. This will help in running the ball up the gut, as Miles likes to do (Big 12 mentality). Also, Ciron Black is a great talent, and must really be developing well if he is getting the start on the blindside. That speaks volumes about the young man. I think we will be fine. It will take a couple of weeks, but I think they will gel pretty quick with the veterans on the interior.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm worried about the O-Line. The line wasn't great last year and then losing so many guys is not going to be a great situation. I really wasn't that impressed with the line last season, it seems running the ball wasn't as successful as in the past and JR didn't have a great deal of time.

With JR not being the quickest with his decision making the O-line could be a big issue. JR will have to make much faster decisions than he has in the past and they are going to have to be much better decisions.

I think he will be more comfortable back there initially but if the line doesn't give him time, he will get off on his timing and get happy feet.

6. edyel

edyel edyel

I concur with the statement that last year's o-line was not consistant. Last year pre-season pundits claimed our o-line would be the best. They were erratic at best. I can remember the pocket collapsing faster than a fema trailer on more than one occasion and JR running for his life. I also remember a once in a lifetime storm beating the living daylights out of the entire southern part of the state. I honestly believe that for what that football team did last year after all that it went through it should be marked down as one of the best teams in LSU football history. This year,barring any storms,earthquakes,civil unrest,government overthrows,famine,tsunamis,bird flu,meteor strikes, or the embarresment caused by phoriasis, this team could do very,very well. Louisiana is my home,LSU is my team and NOTHING will ever change that. Sorry for the rant. I trust Les knows what he is doing when it comes to the o-line and I know he has to work with the personnel that he has. That being said, even with the drop off of key players from last year we should have enough players to fill some shoes and more. Just my opinion.:tigerhead :laflagwav