Offensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 7, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The 103 yards you mean, not that LSU's passing game is on par with Bama's in general, correct?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well thought out back up plan? Have you been watching this season?I guess it was the trickeration at the end of last week's game that makes you think the coaches have well thought out plans. LMAO :lol:

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I heard that they are second best in the SEC for sacks allowed.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Wild. Cat. I mean Tiger.

5. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Yes, the 103 yds. Bama couldn't throw the ball on TX last year and finally wore them down running the ball. The D helped, too.

LSU will have to do the same to FL. Pound them up the gut and spring some outside. It comes down to how bad the O line wants to punish themselves to win. They will either suck up the pain and deliver blows to the enemy or curl up and wimper due to the pain. The difference of winning and losing big games.

FL doesn't have a strong running game. We should be able to force them to throw the ball and get some picks.

I think Special Teams play win this game - field position, FGs, etc.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

If it's true that the injured ribs keep Brantley out, Burton is gonna give us all we can handle running the ball. That little squirt of a RB Tennessee had gave us fits, hope it was just an off day.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You can forget stats in Bama's game, that was a war of will. Bama scored a lot of points with a dominant, physical first half. If Florida scores in the 3rd quarter on the first drive, instead of settling for another meaningless field goal, then Alabama may open up the offense again. Instead it's still 24-6. Florida then throws a pick 6 and the score is 31-6 with 6 minutes in the 3rd. All the while Bama was knocking their backside all over that field. Brantley got rocked and their offensive line got spanked. In a repeat, the media and the fans of Florida will talk about stats and how even it really was. What the players will remember will be something else, entirely different.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

LSU has only allowed a few sacks as well, would you call our O-line great?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LSU has faced 2 really good D'lines IMO

Miss State and WVU.

UF is obviously better, but doable..

The question isnt if we can stop them, b/c I believe it will be a give and take game from both teams, it is a matter of if LSU's O can limit their mistakes vs. a GOOD D like this..

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I think you folks are short-changing the o-line. And I'm not really sure why.

Without a legitimate passing game, and against reasonable defenses, LSU has a runningback averaging over 100 yards per game and our quarterbacks haven't been sacked all that much.

Every now and then a run up the middle is going to be stopped because the defense guessed correctly, or a defensive player just makes an exceptional play.

If LSU does not throw the football effectively, and/or run to the edges effectively, then NO team is going to run up the gut on Florida.

I just don't see how this offensive line is the problem. They've been solid all year except for penalties, and that certainly has to get fixed (I keep having flashbacks to big Carnell Stewart...)