Guns Officer Wilson's duty firearm, a Sig Sauer P229 .40 caliber, would not fire.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 25, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The link has officer D's account of the incident. Pretty eye-opening, I must say. Not sure how the stories we heard were so far from this.

shane, wat up with that Sig baw?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ay-shot-dead-Michael-Brown.html#ixzz3K5lYCSf3

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This is an eye opening experience in terms of understanding how the legal system does or should view eye witnesses. I have said repeatedly that I am not in favor of death penalty decisions based solely or primarily on an eye witness account. 10 people can see the same event and describe in 10 different ways.

BRETT and LSUTiga like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree but it's hard for people to downplay an account from someone who "saw" it.

Forensic science is WAY more telling than eye witnesses.

tirk likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For what you pay for a Sig it shouldn't misfire. I have a Glock 23 .40 caliber and it has never misfired. Fortunately I have never had to put that to the ultimate life and death test. Before I bought it I had seen a review in Guns & Ammo where a Glock was fired over 17,000 times without ever being cleaned and not a single misfire.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The only time I have had repeated misfires like that with my PPK was using some old ammo that was badly tarnished. I think their primers were squirrelly. I tossed them and never had another problem. But you'd think that police officers are furnished with good ammo and use it frequently at the range.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

reportedly had donut icing in the chamber.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

idk, need more info I guess. In the meantime I'm going with the donut icing theory

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mmmmm. Krispy Kremes

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I don't suggest trying it at home, but if you push most semi-autos, including the Sig's barrel back with pressure, the double action will not fire. Simple solution for the gun holder is to pull it back a little and re-pull the trigger. Mike Brown was a big dude however and could apply plenty of pressure if he had a good grip. Proud P220 owner!

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hey! I just blew my finger off! Do you think Jose Conseco would want to buy it?

Tiger Exile likes this.