Official 2014 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 26, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You think? Even with 2 1000 yard receivers and a 1000 yard tailback? I mean I don't see anyone ever being the freakishly gifted athlete OBJ is, I've never seen a guy his size be able to jump so damn high, I can't wait to watch his combine.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Put it in perspective. OBJ started as a freshman even though the announcers listed Shephard as the starter every game. But OBJ started from day one. I don't think we have that kind of guy on the roster because if we did, he would be playing. Certainly not starting but he would've identified himself. Noil is that type of playmaker who will contribute on special teams as well, and be explosive at it. If I had to pick I'd want Fournette and probably Garret or Willis ahead of him, but that's not because I'm minimizing his importance. Noil is a major league game changer. One of those "holy shit did you see that???" kind of guys.

3. LaSalleAve

So is he one of the Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin types?

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

whats your feelings on hootie at this point?

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No better than 50/50 right now IMO. No one can get a good read on him.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

yea thats what im hearing from all people involved, some even say Bama, none say LSU. Has me worried, we need a stud safety in this class.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We have a stud in Paris already but some talk about moving him to CB but I don't see it.

I have heard some say LSU on Hootie too. If mom had her way it would be LSU no doubt but she is letting him make his own decision.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

I thought Paris was going to play CB, that changes things with Safety, I still think we need Hootie in this class.

9. LaSalleAve

Isn't he from Neville? We can't let a Neville guy get away from us.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

OBJ started as a freshman because WR was thin. It sure helped that he was talented, but he doesn't even have the best hands on the team. Wr must be able to run good routes and block, which are two things that HS receivers don't usually develop. There are a handful of guys with big play ability that just need some reps and polish like Fobbs, Leslie, Avery Peterson and Dural. I'm pretty anxious to see what Kevin Spears does. He was a pretty raw prospect, but supposedly his physical gifts are ridiculous.

cajdav1 likes this.