Official 2014 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was always told that if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all...

I have never been much for doing what im told so

Really? Anyone surprised here. Tragic that a mother of 3 is murdered but not in the least bit surprised.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's not the first time, either. There was a shooting death (between relatives, I believe) in Alabama after the 2010 IB.

I did say some pretty terrible things about the Seahawks fans last night, though, so I guess I'm not one to point fingers.

/hijack

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh so did I. By the end of the game I was hoping for the stadium to implode

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ha! I texted my buddy in the 2nd qtr: "I hope their stadium collapses". Great minds...

6. dudley

dudley oops!

JMO, but I don't think we get Adoree Jackson after the Steve Sarkisian hire at USC and maybe not Williams either. One writer I read this morning thinks DW may be thinking about going pro. Adams is a long shot but not as long as some people think. He, Brown and Paris were on the same 7 on 7 team this summer and Paris esp. is in his ear. I tend to think we get him. What we should do is go hard after some of Bama's recruits. Make them spend their time on defense instead of going after our targets. I'm all for stepping over the line at this point and doing some negative recruiting. We got plenty of ammo.

ParadiseiNC and gyver like this.
  7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Definitely a few long shots on my list, but I really think we end up with Adams. Adoree is the least likely, followed closely by Williams. Even if we drop two of those three, the class is awesome. Six or seven 5 star guys to go with a bunch of 3 and 4 stars, plus Trey Quinn who is greatly underrated. Awesome class.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. boonies

boonies Veteran Member

Adams recruitment is pretty odd right now. LSU message boards have a ton of chatter but the other teams that appear to be in the mix are pretty quiet (Ole Miss, Texas, Florida). Just seems strange that none of those other schools have anything to say. Also, Big Ed Paris is doing major work in the recruitment of Adams. Hats off to that young man who is already doing everything he can to make LSU a better team

Adams was quoted as saying Miles was the "best coach in college football" after the in home visit. Muschamp has an in-home visit this week as well. From a needs standpoint, Adams would be one of the most important recruits in the class after Fournette and Garrett, IMO.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Does anyone have an update on how LSU expects to finish this year?

10. boonies

boonies Veteran Member

Assuming we take 25 this class (and I'm not counting Gamble as one of the 25, just my personal prediction), there are 10 spots left. The following are universally regarded as either LSU "locks" or strong leans to LSU.

Leonard Fournette 5* RB
    Malachi Dupre 5* WR
    Speedy Noil 5* WR
    Gerald Willis 5* DL
    Tony Brown 5* CB
    Clifton Garret 5* LB

In addition to those guys, some names to watch out for are Darrell Williams RB, Travonte Valentine DL, Jamal Adams S, Kentavius Street DL, D'haquille Williams (JUCO) WR, Gerald McDowell DL, Kenny Young LB, Adoree Jackson ATH.

For LSU fans who have followed recruiting, D'haquille Williams is almost mythical. He is regarded as the best high school WR in Louisiana in 20+ years (same age as Beckham and Landry). The biggest thing with his recruitment is if the personal issues have been resolved for Williams and if it would affect the recruitments of the Big 3 LA WRs this year (Dupre, Noil, Quinn). He is the #1 JUCO player and a 5*.

Jamal Adams is a 5* safety seems to be trending in LSU's favor, but the waters are still murky with Flordia, Texas, and Ole Miss all still recruiting him hard. The biggest thing in LSU's favor might be his good friend Ed Paris pushing him hard to LSU. Big-time need filler.

The other guys are in the mix and should be some combination for the remaining spots.