Official 2015 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

With you, I would like to see more emphasis on QB if for no other reason than to light a fire under the current guys. I think it has been said on here that we are really focused on next year's class for stud QB's, but that would be counting chickens imo.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After watching LSU allow Jennings to run the show while showing no propensity whatsoever to fulfill that role is definitely hurting LSU down the line trying to recruit a QB. If Harris wasn't the obvious choice to start, a 16 year old kid can't be looking at LSU with any confidence that he'll be given a fair shake. At any other school, Jennings is struggling to win the spot at backup QB.

tirk likes this.
  3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I don't think kids see it that way unless they are totally die hard LSU fans. We tend to pick our own team apart as we watch them all of the time. They see games where we won or were close and ran for a ton of yards. The QBs also threw td passes while not a lot of total completions. There were some really nice long tds early as well. Juniors and Seniors in High School most likely look at it as a great opportunity and don't think that deeply.

red55, ROY_LA_CA and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This one may help.........

Dandy Dozen selection Lewis decommits from Ole Miss
    Recruiting Report
    Riley Blevins, The Clarion-Ledger 10:47 p.m. CST January 30, 2015

Leo Lewis is no longer committed to Ole Miss.

The Dandy Dozen selection and the nation's top inside linebacker re-opened his recruitment on Friday night, according to Demetric Warren of VarsityPreps.com.

Lewis decided to back away from his pledge while on an official visit to LSU.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pounder committed to Ole Miss in September. He was once committed to Alabama, but decommitted from the Crimson Tide while at Mississippi State's Big Dawg Camp in July.

With Lewis out of the picture, Ole Miss has 17 commitments in its 2015 class.

Lewis was named to USA Today's All-USA first team.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Think this guy can punt?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  6. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Yeah, and those aren't the standard "highlights' either...a bad punt or two sneaked in there but it was basically one good punt after another in both distance and hang time...and the footage looked continuous.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Its amazing how a lot of you guys act like the Auburn game didn't happen. Harris wasn't ready.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I agree about Harris but of course the supposed main issue is that he doesn't work hard enough and the players prefer Jennings due to that. Also, Jennings completed 55% of his passes the last 3 games and outplayed the ND QBs in the bowl game as proven by his higher QB rating and the fact that he averaged 11 ypa vs 7 for the ND QBs (part of the QB rating). I'm not saying Jennings is a great QB by any stretch but the LSU OL needs to block better, the WRers need to run better routes, catch the ball, know when they are the hot receiver, and know when they are the primary receiver and not block downfield, and Cameron needs to mix up playcalling better like he did vs A&M. The passing game is QB + OL + WR + OC. Oh, and if LSU had a TE option for most of the season and not just the bowl game, that would help also. Jennings is having to play without a TE essentially and even less of a RB catch option. Most schools don't have that issue.

titoabad1 and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

What good would a great QB make, Cam doesn't know what he's doing anyway. Did you know he got fired from the Ravens?

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

To be fair, a lot of great/good coaches (HC, coordinators, etc) have been fired. Having said that, most of the people I have discussed LSU football with and myself have been calling for misdirection plays (crossbuck/QB read option, WR sweeps, etc). His offense except for the A&M game was essentially Studrawa's....pitch back to RB who runs between LG and LT about 30 times a game. Having agreed with you pretty much here, you and I need to explain one thing. How did LSU set an alltime record for offense in a season and have 2 1000+ receivers in yards for the first time in school history in 2013. Yes, playing an extra game explains some of that, but still....

LSUDad likes this.