Official 2015 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2014.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Where were we on his interest list before he committed/ uncommitted?

With our story, LB is a very attractive opportunity and one we should make room for. Steel has had little time to evaluate the kids we have now so he should be on the want, ever for some depth. I think we are in a pretty good position to pitch this (any) kid with the world of opportunities we have at LB. I'd trade a caddy and 2 golden girls for some good news at this big fuggin hole we have.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pretty sure he said he would only be considering the 4 that made his final cut prior to LOI day. With ucla pretty much eliminated, that leaves Michigan, A&M, and the Dawgs. He a little cra-cra though. His coach says he will refuse to sign an LOI with ANY school until he's actually enrolled in the summer. Basically, he thinks that's the only way to tell if a school is really interested. Bad precedent IMO. Tail wagging the dog.

3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

I seriously doubt that his final 4 is that final. What I don't know is if LSU was ever a serious contender. But there are literally months before he will decide so IF LSU was ever in it, they can easily get back in it again...assuming he wouldn't be the 86th scholarship. I also disagree with you about him setting a bad precedent or tail wagging the dog. The bad precedent is what seems to be happening literally coast to coast now. College recruiters form relationships with their prospects...whether it is at UCLA, Ohio State, LSU, Texas, etc. Then a coach decides to move on but the staff conveniently decides to announce the move AFTER the first Wednesday in February. I'm sure that is just pure coincidence. :rolleyes: Actually, what Smith is doing would be wise for many to follow as an example but there is one problem as people point out. The only reason that it will work for R Smith is he is a top 100 player AND some schools have openings due to someone reneging on their word to sign with them. LSU for example if the truth is being told had Lewis's word right up to NSD that he would sign with LSU. Then on NSD he signs with MSU leaving LSU short their one and only LBer signee.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He's going to announce for the Dawgs tomorrow but will sign financial papers only. I think he'll end up being a star 3-4 safety, not a linebacker.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 likes this.
  5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Good info! :) I'm just shocked that Mr Recruiter John Chavis didn't nab him at A&M. :p After all, Chavis could have turned him into yet another "hybrid LBer". :rolleyes: I guess you have been keeping up with what Rick Rodriquez recently said which mirrors what Bo Pelini said last year...that basically prospects need to be able to sign at any time during their SR season. That would remove a lot of the issues about whether a kid is serious or not about a school and whether a school is serious about him. Don't know if it will go that far but I believe the early signing period for football (a specific week in December maybe) is close to a done deal...maybe even for 2015. It is ridiculous that all the other sports in college have early signing periods except football. That doesn't solve everything but certaining little Nicky's "processing" of verbals will come to an end. If a commit to Alabama can't get his LOI papers to sign, then he knows that little Nicky is just stringing him along like he has been doing with guys in every single signing class for years.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"On Friday the four-star prospect, ranked No. 29 overall in the 2015 class, signed a financial aid agreement with Georgia, choosing the home-state Bulldogs over Michigan, Texas A&M and UCLA.....The fact that Smith chose to sign a financial aid agreement instead of a letter of intent protects him from being tied to a university if the Bulldogs have any unexpected coaching changes before he enrolls in June."

As I was saying.

Brian, red55 and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

This is one smart guy!!! Once again, the vast, vast majority of players don't have that leverage, but here you had a top 100 national player with literally dozens of offers so he does have the leverage. Congrats to him...enough of this crap where team after team literally hides changes in coaching personnel until after the ink is dry on LOI. Good reporting on this BTW!

8. Chris Tyler

Chris Tyler Freshman

Hey Guys,

First time poster here. I host a radio show in Australia called The Flag Flyers where we follow all the Aussies playing in the States. We had a chat with Josh Growden who just signed on as a punter a couple of weeks ago about his signing. If anyone is interested in checking out the chat and finding out a little more about Josh you can find it here:

https://soundcloud.com/sen1116/the-flag-flyers-josh-growden

Of course having such a strong Aussie connection with Brad Wing and Jamie Keehn, we regularly chat about LSU on the show and now with Ben SImmons having committed for the next College Basketball season as well we'll have even more to talk about!

Brian, Herb, cajdav1 and 2 others like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

@Chris Tyler Welcome aboard and thanks for the link. We have grown fond of the punters from down under. Stick around and chat it up with the regulars and then before you know it, you'll be one too.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Chris Tyler

Chris Tyler Freshman

Thanks mate. Certainly will. Will make sure to keep you guys updated re any news involving the boys as well!

LSUDad and shane0911 like this.