Official 2020 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, May 15, 2019.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Breaking: Major Burns backs off #LSU commitment

https://t.co/BVCZcJsejt

Are we really processing a kid of this caliber? One of the first commits and a lifelong lsu fan.

DBU is decommit u.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    didit likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

We already have 2 highly talented safeties in the class and Harris should have two years left. On top of that, we really need to make room if we are landing all the guys we are supposed to be landing (Evans, Dumervil, Kennedy, maybe Burch). I hate to see him go, but we’ve got to make room somehow.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I have a sinking feeling that these dudes are playing us.

didit likes this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Could be. But I would bet O could flip some of these guys back if needed. I also think that this is the worst year for it because our success has been so great, that no one would have predicted jay we’d be in the run for the recruits that we are. Next year, we should have a better grasp on our quality and quantity.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Most of them are being told they will have to grey shirt. Which means LSU must have some better talent in the pipe (better pray we land it).

I know for certain Alec Bryant out of Pearland was told he would have to Grey Shirt.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

On his podcast, Embody said that Burns was recruited as a corner, which would make sense for his decommitment. We have 1 freshman who just made 1st team All American, and we have the #1 CB in two* of the next three* classes committed. On top of that, Flott and Ward are freshman and already getting playing time. Burns would likely not have seen the field for years as a CB.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    shane0911 likes this.
  7. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

Rumor is that we're going to process someone else Friday. Presumably one of the receivers because 6 is just too many. Albeit all of them would hurt to lose.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Looks like 247 crystal ball was wrong. Now saying he is a lock to stay a bammer

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Yea I am not liking how many of these guys are trending to other SEC schools, although Kennedy told everyone up front that it would be hard to flip him from Bama.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

This is why I don't like telling committed kids to look elsehwere, you never know what the hell these kids will do. I don't blame them at all for taking the extra time. I'm sure many do feel like they may be all LSU, but then the lure of staying home or whatever else may change their mind. Now, we've lost out on several commits and Evans isn't a shoe in. Plus, UGA is a real threat to take Burch.

Hopefully, we can flip someone and keep everyone left that's committed. As well as getting Evans and/or Burch an

el005639 likes this.