Official 2020 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, May 15, 2019.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

This is a very strong class. It helps fill out a lot of needs. There is a lot of talent in this class, no doubt about it. That said, it's a bit frustrating to have three flips, lose out on Burch, and not get any surprises our way. Especially, after telling several commits to look elsewhere. Plus we may lose out on Evans.

Again, this is an excellent class. It may not be quite as star driven as Clemson, Bama, or OSU but we aren't far off. Stars aren't the be all end all. I like this class, it's just we took a big shot to the gut in the process.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This shouldn’t have happened after the high-profile misses we’ve had the last few years. Annoying. Still looks like a great class.

Maybe we can get Frank Wilson in to close the deal. Still waiting to hear Aranda is going elsewhere.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the effects of what LSU is doing usually shows in the 2nd year. this year was a mad grab i hoped would pay off. it did in some areas not so great in others from the looks of it.

islstl, Brian and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU shouldn’t have been in mad grab mode. That isn’t a plan. Maybe we need to beg Austin Thomas to come back to organize this shit.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Wow, according to this article LSU let Clowney go, that's why he decommitted. I just don't get this at all. He wanted to be a Tiger and has a high upside in a position that you can never have too many players. I love Coach O and the job he's done, but letting this many committed players go is not a good look.
    https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-de-demon-clowney-exploring-his-options-will-sign-in-february

Dabo doesn't cut commits. This is likely why when Simpson committed Clemson quit recruiting Flowe, a highly rated 5 star.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

A head scratcher for sure if true

7. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

How tall is Boutte? I've seen a low of 5' 10" and a high of 6' 1".

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

All I've seen is 5'11. But he has a rep for playing out of his size.

9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

While Marcus Dumervil and Philip Webb were trending our way they weren't guarantees coming into today. Those were 2 huge gets.

If we can flip Van Pran from UGA I'd trade him straight up for Burton. He's waiting to sign I hear once Pittman went to Arkansas.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

So true