Official 2020 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, May 15, 2019.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's my opinion for that to be true you're going to need to see a drop off with the lineman Bama signs over the next few years. One class certainly will not even the playing field. That's true especially when one team has suffered a drop off in those positions while the other had continued to recruit at a very high level on both sides.

As one example, when I'm looking at the 2018 class on the defensive line via 247 I'm seeing Cherry as LSU's "bell cow." And yet, I'm also seeing Bama with more than a handful of players ranked higher than Cherry. LSU did sign three of the top 50 while Bama signed five that were all ranked higher than Cherry. How can that be viewed in any other lens than "the gap is widening?"

FWIW, the OL isn't much different in '18's class. As I recall, Bama signed two in the top 50, LSU with their first around #55 or so.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This Ricks thing is out of control. What in the hell is going on?

3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Uh, did you read what I wrote, Terry? Going forward with this class onward we'll finally be on a competitive level in the trenches recruiting wise.. no idea why you're looking backward.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It’s the summer doldrums. People making noise to hear the sound of their own voice.
    Can’t worry about the decision of a 17 or 18 yo whose understanding of commitment is what he thinks in the next hour.
    Have fun with what we get now and be serious on signing day.

5. shane0911

There is a story out about a thread being deleted on some board about his family moving then not moving. Some other stuff with the suckeyes

@Fishhead @Brian

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Ohio State's fans making stuff up to suit their narrative. Ricks is active on social media. Where he goes to high school will say a lot..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  7. shane0911

Meaning?

8. Brian

Brian Founding Member

IMG in Florida where Lejond his buddy will be recruiting him constantly to tOSU isn't as good as Baton Rouge. I believe the reported plan was he and his family to live in Baton Rouge and enroll in December. Things are murky now, jmo.

That's before Bama goes hard after him, too. I bet they put on the press if he's at IMG.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  9. shane0911

Those slimy sister fucking assholes would sell their own mother. I wish LSU had more money and smarter people controlling it. This sucks

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Eddie Smith in baseball and being back in it with Roy are being attributed to Scott Woodward knowing how to get things done by some Tiger fans. No idea if that's the case or not, but Smith is volunteering after being paid at Tulane..