Official Lady Tigers Vs Tenn. Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 6, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

That is a conspiracy theory I can believe because they also claim that Phil Fulmer has a wife...

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

The scary part is, she is easy on the eyes. Evidently, size DOES matter...just not where we thought. :hihi:

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Well maybe Phat Phil and Pat, are... well.... are really a couple. That's a secret up on Rocky Top. [​IMG]

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not trying to be over critical about our Lady Tigers--they're having an outstanding season, and I realize that the "big goal" (National Title) is still there for the taking--but I thought their play tonight was not their best.

Offensively, when you shoot over 50%, you're having a good game--which we did. Tennessee had a great gameplan, IMO, for trying to stop Augustus, but she still put up her usual 25+ (mad props to Simone for that one). I thought we played well offensively, and other than the last-second 3-pt attempt--which I thought, with a stronger push upcourt, could have gotten a better, more set shot....but that's not that big a deal.

What I thought WAS a big deal was our defense. Coutless times I watched as UT players beat the Lady Tiger defender, and break to the basket, only to bypass another 1, 2 and on one play 3! Lady Tigers--all of whom just sort of stood there, hoping that the other one would contest the shot, but ultimately have none of them do so.

Johnson had another splendid game as usual and I thought she really came up big offensively, knocking down some clutch shots.

Fowles didn't have her best game, but as a Freshman, her play will only get better and more consistant. One mistake Fowles made, that stood out, was near the end of the game when she went up for a pass (set up beautifully I might add), but failed to get the handle on it and subsequently turned the ball over. She showed a little inexperience by stopping, thinking that she was fouled instead of keep on playing and going after the ball. Not that big of a deal because I'm sure most of us, in that situation, would have reacted the same way. But again, if that's the biggest error that Fowles will ever make, she's going to have quite a career at LSU.

I thought UT played a really good game, and the most encouraging thing to take out of this game is that as good as UT played, and as subpar a game as we played in certain aspects, we still had a chance to come away with the victory on the last shot of the game.

We may have lost this battle--but the war rages on. Onward to the NCAA's--where I still like our chances.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I know we will over come this small set back. But I'd just like to say to add to all this analysis...... this really bites. :(

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

They'll come back, they are a good team. I mean they have lost 2 games this year by a combined 4 points. They'll be fine. I know its never good to lose, but if you had to pick a time to lose, you'd rather it now as opposed to the Big Dance.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Zeno's on highland