Official LSU/Bama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Feb 22, 2005.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

no credit to John Brady? :hihi:

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

we have so much momentum right now as a team ....I just cant see us having another late season collapse like last year....but last year was different....bring on auburn!

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The most important factor will be if the Tigers can avoid the let down. After a winning streak like this, against 3 formidable opponents, you'd hope the Tigers would keep that level of intensity up.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Who is responsible, now the game is over and LSU wins? :)

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

So anyone who disagrees knows **** about basketball?

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

>>Who is responsible, now the game is over and LSU wins?

The players for playing good defense and 'Bama for digging a hole early...

I have done my share of defending Brady, but I can't tonight. The team couldn't run a halfcourt offense to save their life last night. How is that possible when your two best players (and possibly the best at their position in the conference) are post players? How do you not try and work the ball inside at all? They would just pass around the perimiter, tease with the occasional inside pass only to toss it out for an NBA distance 3pt shot in the final two minutes.

How do you not work the clock down, get it inside and at the very least draw fouls?

Fantastic game by Tac. He set the tone early and pretty much controlled the tempo for the game. That my friends, is a point guard. Also if I could wish for two things, it would be (1) another 7 inches for Mitchell (Man, the things he could do on the basketball court if he didn't need a stool to reach the sink) and (2) Davis to get his weight down to 280. Those second efforts were visibly less energetic as the game waned on.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

never said that bro - I just didn't want those who don't know me to bash me for not having a clue.

8. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

btw...what was up w/the refs?? Did that older gentleman have alzheimer's? Wow

9. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

That was the best game Tack has ever played in his entire short career, and I would estimate, the best game that he will ever play over the length of his career, even if he were to go one on one with a 3 foot blind man in a wheelchair.

FAN-tastic win for the program.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

!st rule of coaching: Take what your opponents give you. After the opening barrage by LSU slowed down, Bama played a hell of a game. They made very few mistakes, made most of their shots and played tough defense both on the perimeter and in the middle. Felix and Kennedy were "on" from behind the 3 point line which was key to their comeback. With a couple minutes left and LSU up by 7 (not 6), Bama decided to try and take away the middle and make the Tigers beat them from outside. Brady, wisely, I believe, elected to run as much time off the clock as possible on each possession, thus limiting Bama's offensive opportunities. The problem was execution once the shot clock got down to 10 seconds. At times, it didn't even appear that they were even trying to set up a shot until there were about 4 seconds on the shot clock. The strategy, however, was sound, IMO.

1st rule of being a fan: Take the win and don't bitch about certain segments of the game. The Tide is an excellent, formidable basketball opponent and one shouldn't expect the entire 40 minutes to go smoothly in games like that. As I've often stated, the other team has a coach and they want to win too.