Official LSU Class of 2015

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 3, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

BOT:
    Architects of LSU's 2015 Class
    • Shea Dixon - 60 minutes

• With another Top 5 finish in the 247Sports Team Rankings, LSU's recruiting staff is proving to be as dominant as ever. The Geaux247 staff takes a look at the standouts in 2015.

[​IMG]
    It was another banner year for LSU recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson

The MVP

Frank Wilson

Primary Recruiter: Tyron Johnson, Derrius Guice, Donte Jackson, Xavier Lewis, Nick Brossette, David Ducre,Isaiah Washington, Lanard Fournette, Foster Moreau

Secondary Recruiter: Jazz Ferguson, Adrian Magee, Bry’Keithon Mouton

The Skinny: After finishing No. 4 in the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings in 2014, LSU's recruiting coordinator closed with another bang in 2015, helping guide LSU to back-to-back Top 5 classes en route to another No. 4 finish in the Recruiter Rankings. Point being, Wilson is once again the best recruiter on one of the best recruiting staffs in the country. After losing out on a couple big names in Louisiana last year, Wilson bounced back and locked up New Orleans, scoring signatures from names like Tyron Johnson, Donte Jackson and Xavier Lewis. He also landed two of the country’s best running backs and the nation’s No. 1 fullback, and was able to do it all in Louisiana. There were only a couple in-state prospects with LSU offers that left the state for college this recruiting cycle, but Wilson was not listed as the primary or secondary recruiter on any of them. With more than 20 offers already out to Louisiana recruits in the 2016 class, LSU’s recruiting team is in good hands with Wilson steering the ship.

Mr. Consistent

Corey Raymond

Primary Recruiter: Kevin Toliver II, Jeremy Cutrer

Secondary Recruiter: Donte Jackson,Xavier Lewis, George Brown Jr., Chidi Valentine-Okeke

The Skinny: After finishing No. 6 in the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings last year, the rest of the SEC began to take notice of the architect behind LSU’s elite defensive back signing classes. Raymond is as consistent as they come, pulling off arguably the nation’s top cornerback class this cycle with Toliver, Cutrer, Jackson and Lewis, with Lewis and Cutrer both versatile enough to also play safety. And Toliver, the highest-ranked signee of the group, is already enrolled and will participate in spring practice, giving him a chance to get his feet wet long before summer workouts and fall camp roll around. One year prior, Raymond signed Jamal Adams, Edward Paris,Devin Voorhies, John Battle andRussell Gage in the secondary, and also reeled in Florida standout defensive tackle Travonte Valentine. With the defensive back board looking even more promising in 2016, there might not be another defensive backs coach in the country who is consistently lining up top-end talent like Raymond.

Rookie of the Year

Jeff Grimes

Primary Recruiter: Chidi Valentine-Okeke, Adrian Magee, George Brown Jr.

Secondary Recruiter: Maea Teuhema, Toby Weathersby

The Skinny: In his final year at Virginia Tech, Grimes helped the Hokies sign a handful of three-star prospects from Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, so when he joined LSU’s staff a year ago, questions quickly came as to whether or not he could come from the East Coast and ACC recruiting into the SEC’s upper echelon. But the Texas native, who had a prior stop in the SEC West at Auburn, answered the call in a major way. In the final month before signing day, Grimes not only convinced Jerald Hawkins and Vadal Alexander to return for another year of school, but also landed somewhat surprising commitments from Valentine-Okeke and Weathersby. Toss the surprise names in with Teuhema, Magee and Brown, and Grimes walks away from his first year on the job with a hell of a finish. With a commitment already in from arguably the state’s top offensive guard in Donavaughn Campbell, Grimes will turn his focus to helping Wilson reel in the top tackle in Louisiana: Willie Allen.

Behind the Scenes

Austin Thomas

The Skinny: Thomas - whose official title is Director of Player Personnel - is LSU’s glue behind the scenes, proving to be a Renaissance Man for the Tigers. He manages the recruiting database, is often the first coach to evaluate a prospect’s film, helps Wilson manage the recruiting board, sets up official visit weekends and more. With coaching stops at Tennessee, Southern Cal and now LSU, he’s had experience working with recruiting gurus like Lane Kiffin andTee Martin - not to mention he’s now on his second stop with both Wilson and new defensive line coach Ed Orgeron. All SEC recruiting departments rely heavily on guys like Thomas, and he’s quickly proven to be one of the best young minds in the conference.

cajdav1 and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I could listen to Coach Frank for hours.

Brian, LSUDad and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nope, there is a fence, you just have to look for the gate, it swings both ways.

On the Tiger Rags Dozen, we signed 8, missed on a OL/DL, WR, CB and an Ath.

But to add, went into the state of Ohio and got one ofthe top OL in the state. Same with Tx, the #1 OL, along with a top TE. Two of the top linemen from the state of Ga, one from each side of the ball.
    Said by many the #1 DB in the Nation from Fla, KT2.

I guess the gate did let a few players in.

Brian and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

The original claim was bogus to begin with. What the poster did was to cherry pick a ratings to try to make a fraudulent point. I corrected him and he tried the scam yet again. On the 24/7 LA player rankings which are a composite of all 4 rating services, LSU did NOT miss on 8 out of 15 but instead HIT on 9 out of 15. And I challenged the poster to address this point (he never did)....if say 6 of the top 15 players in LA are WRers, should LSU then signed 6 WRers from LA just to try to satisfy the people who know squat about filling needs on the team. It is obvious who follows recruiting and who doesn't. When a poster tries to pull a con job like this guy did, the word "troll" comes to mind.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Is everyone who doesn't see things the way you do instantly a troll trying to pull a con?

It's a message board, man. Enjoy your time here. You seem really hostile and angry, which as I said before suffocates your fairly good insights. This isn't combat. It's a place for us to congregate and hopefully learn from one another in an enjoyable manner.

Have some fun. :)

cajdav1, red55, ParadiseiNC and 3 others like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Dancin on that line mister, that there fella has an itchy clicking finger and he ain't skeered to use it

ParadiseiNC, tigerchick46 and Brian like this.
  8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Guy, quit whining like an 8 year old. I didn't comment on your last criticism of me in another post, but this one here was WEAK man. Apparently, you didn't do your homework, so do your due diligence man before posting crapola. The original poster I called out clearly was trolling. I keep up with recruiting apparently a lot more than you do. This clown cherry-picked ONE particular service to maximize the number of supposed top 15 prospects that LSU missed on. He CLAIMED 8 out of 15. Yet the 24/7 composite rankings which most recruiting people use say LSU signed 9 out of the top 15. Also, 3 separate occasions I challenged him to answer the question...."IF LA has 6 of its top 15 players as WRers,. is the 'fence down' if LSU doesn't want 6 WRers in the class and thus some of them go out of state? In 3 challenges to answer the same question, he answered it 0 times. 'nuff said!

Funny, how it took you weeks before you essentially duplicated your other post. Get a hobby, man! This was incredibly WEAK and not exactly topical. Psst, just in case you didn't hear...Dewey lost!

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I hope you're wearing your slicker. You're pissing into a 80 mph headwind.

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Well, at least now I know I'm an idiot. All these years and no one told me until now!