Official LSU / Duke Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 22, 2006.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

i'm about the head out and get ready for my 2pm flight to ATL. When I get back (Sunday) ill be sure to post lots of pictures win or lose....

mactatak....out

GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU! :lsup: :champs: :champs: :lsup: LSU! :geauxtige

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I know it may be hard to do, but our players and coaches need to forget about who we are playing and try to focus on playing ball. The Duke tradition and all that comes with it, as well as playing in the sweet 16, can certainly be overwhelming if we allow it to be. I worry about our young players being in awe of them and the situation.

I like our chances of winning if we can just hang in there the first half. I really believe we match up very well against Duke and our athletes can take over in the 2nd half. We must avoid foul trouble and take care of the ball.

I know the focus is on stopping Redick and Williams, but we need to make sure that we don't completely ignore McRoberts and allow him to get easy baskets.

Sucks to be at work and not in Atlanta...

LSU 77
    Duke 75

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Some interesting articles on the ajc.com about the game. There is an especially testy editorial by Mark Bradley that isn't favorable speech of John Brady.

4. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

99, I've never been one to be superstitious but, let's not change a thing! Thanks for posting these threads, too. Mac, I hope you have a blast at the game and a safe trip....I'm envious as hell! Good luck to the players and Coaches....let's give them a hell of a game and send them home!

Geaux Tigers!!!

5. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

imagine that.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Testy editorial is putting it mildly. But he also had a great quip about coach K:

But obviously Bradley pissed off everyone. The comments on the article from the Dookies are pretty funny.

Link to the article:
    http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2006/03/22/lsu_has_talent.html

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

coach K and JJ did come off as douche bags yesterday....our guys are loose and there guys seem to be a little test and hopefully a litttle tight....maybe they know whats coming to them......5 hours away.....gosh I cant wait.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ok, so I have done absolutely nothing for work today. Is it time for tipoff yet?

9. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Just got done with most of my work...About an hour ago I had the notion to drive the 4.5 hours to atlanta. But, figured it would make for a long drive back in the wee hours of the morning. Let the countdown begin!!

BEAT DUKE!!!!:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :champs:

10. bluemama

bluemama Freshman

I am a Kentucky fan, but I hope that you don't mind my saying GO TIGERS!
    Please kick some dookie a$$.
    You guys have lots of SEC support behind you tonight. The whole state of Kentucky will be cheering for you.
    Good Luck!:thumb: