Official LSU v. Bama Game Thread; 2:30pm, CBS, CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I hope JJ and Charles Scott are OK.

Bama dominated the stats and played good football.

But the refs refused to let LSU get back in the game. I am not a conspiracy guy. But it's just not deniable that Peterson's catch was in fact an interception, and that was interference on that last drive.

GEAUX TIGERS! Great effort!

2. plbjr

plbjr Founding Member

Les is such a puss. He never argues a call or gets on the refs. Folks he is just not a very good motivator. It won't get any easier in the years to come. It is just a matter of time.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

What an idiotic post.

4. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

Congrats to Alabama for the victory. It was a hard-fought game, and they did what they had to do to win it.

Geaux out and win the rest, Tigahs! :geaux:

5. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

That situation (4th and long in desperation mode) favors the defense no matter who the QB is. The only difference with Jefferson is he would have sacked himself and we wouldn't have had a chance.

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Alabama has a good team but they really don't impress me. Here are a few reasons...

*LSU is playing with a backup QB which cost us all three T/Os
    *LSU has lost numerous starters which have benefitted Alabama
    *Alabama hasn't been called even once for holding (SIMPLY AMAZING)
    *The refs will not allow Alabama to lose - INT with BOTH feet in!
    *Lowered helmet hit on JJ with no call even though head ref was watching
    *Clock goes to zero on Bama in first half - another no call
    *1st drive of game JJ gets 1st down - ref marks ball back a yard

The difference in this game is due to injuries and another horribly called game by SEC refs...who should all be fired.

For Alabama to beat Florida or Texas, they're going to need a lot of help from the refs. Their offense is not very good. Everything you could ask for is going their way and yet we still have a game.

I really want to see a few SEC refs fired this year. They've been bad for quite a few years. Now the SEC is hitting schools with huge fines or suspensions if they question the calls. This is a massive cover-up for these guys. They're either a) horrible; b) cheaters, or c) both.

Good luck Alabama as I hope the SEC does well. I think you would've been killed today against a top team. Everything went your way yet you still need numerous injuries and horrible officiating to win this one.

This may be a repeat for Alabama. They may go undefeated and then lose the SEC title and bowl game. They won't get a hometown replay official for either.

The TWO FEET inbounds INT should go a long way in forcing the SEC to fix the officiating problem. How do we begin the process to add these guys to Obama's ever-growing list of unemployed?

7. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

The guys played a great game, They tell you to leave it all on the field and I think we did. Alot of injuries, and a good football game. Just sad that Refs are so bias or as old folks say "Dang Crooked". If it smells like crap , looks like crap, You can bet thats it is crap.
    I hope all have a great week, LATER!twocrystals!!twocrystals!

8. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Great game. I'm proud as hell of the LSU Tigers and congrats Bama on a hard fought win.

1 person likes this.
  9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I say again, Lee is gone in January...........just not right type of guy for LSU.:geaux:

As a last note, I wonder what SEC Commish will say when the sheatstorm hits this week over
    the PP non-int. That one play ended LSU hopes of any BCS game. Worst non-call this year followed
    by the facemask grab on Lyle Hitt on that last drive.

10. plbjr

plbjr Founding Member

Granted the non-interception was a bad call but we just got out coached and out played for the 2 year in a row. This is the 2nd of many years to come of butt whippings by Bama. It will be just like the Bear years.