Official LSU v Georgia Stste Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Nov 18, 2023.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Dropped down to 103.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Last post about GS game. The DC's job is to coordinate with his position coaches and mainly figure out how to stop the opponents offense. Some early in the game but mostly at halftime. Position coaches teach the fundamentals of their position, DC's dont have time and don't do that. It appears to me House met with his position coaches at halftime and made adjustments that resulted in shutting out GS in the second half. Part of the reason GS scored 14 in the first half is our defense is not as good as Kelly and House need it to be.

Just pointing that out.

Chipeace likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It was Ga freaking State

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

house is also the linebacker coach….

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well Ga freaking State is a decent football team. U freaking L Monroe went into halftime down only 7-3 against Ole freaking Miss who beat us. These so called cupcakes come to play. These games are their bowl games. Kinda like U freaking Mexico State not only beats an SEC team, Auburn who was the only teams to give Georgia a scare, but beats them so badly that it set a record. Were you around when Troy beat Nick Saban? This happens more than you think. Why are you surprised Ga freaking State scored 14 pts on us? You think our defense totally sucks right? Tell me why were we able to shut them out in the second half? Was it luck, bad coaching, good coaching, or devine intervention?

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So? I like our linebacker play. Sure they make mistakes like every linebacker in football. Where we are hurting is in the secondary and quality depth at tackle. Guess you are on this House is misusing Perkins bandwagon. Know why he is not as prolific as last year? Well our secondary is so thin and inexperienced that they have to drop him into coverage a lot more. He is now almost playing nickel back. Watch replays like I do and you will see this.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

IMO, that's a point against House, but that's because of my philosophy for pass defense. If you know the secondary is struggling, and you've used all your personnel options, the answer is not to stick your best pass rusher in pass coverage. The answer is to scheme the defense to make your best rusher an even more effective rusher. Help an ailing secondary by putting heat on the QB, don't let him sit comfortably in the pocket and pick you apart.

shane0911, kcal and Hou-duco like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I understand your point but I said Perkins is dropping a lot more. He also is rushing too. More of a dual role. Did you know House can very very rarely go to a nickel or dime package because of a shortage of DB's?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Look Moe, I'm not ready to throw House out just yet but this defense is AWFUL! Some of that lays at his feet like it or not!

Hou-duco and Chipeace like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I know you are not. No one is happy with the defense including me. Bottom line is I don't feel not only House but BK and the whole staff has not been given enough time. Takes more than one recruiting class to rebuild a team and be fairly judged as coaches. Lastly I have become a BK fan and I believe he will improve the defense, one way or another.

Hey turkey up and enjoy your Thanksgiving Shane

shane0911 likes this.